The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've burned my headlight harnessese TWICE. i used Eurolites 55/65 watt xenon bulbs. i've thought twice about installing those bulbs again, but now i have an upgrade harness, thicker wire. bt i dont see how that would help...cuz my when my harness burned, it was basically the plastic connecter and inside of it that melted and not the wires. so how can this up[grade help. should i put those same bulbs in? im tired of looking ugly at nite help

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've had hiper xenon lights since I've had my car and the harnesses still haven't burned yet. I don't have the upgraded harnesses, but I hear that they do help. You're car looks tight, though. What kind of spoiler is that? How much did it cost to buy, paint, and install? Where can I get it from?

·
Proud owner of an 06 SE-R
515 Posts
Ok man, i had 55/65 watt Hiper Industries blue bulbs... even with an APC upgrade harness, they melted it. Leave all "blue" bulbs alone. Get PIAA Platinum Whites 55/65 watt. Ive had them in for 7 month now, no probs... and i have the upgrade harness with them. Im thinking theres something about the blue tint that makes everything hotter. The PIAA's i have arent blue at all... just white.

·
246 Posts
THE PROBLEM WITH ALOT OF AFTERMARKET HEAD LIGHTS IS THE THEY BURN TO HOT, HENCE THE BURNED SOCKETS YOU ALL HAVE.
I USE THE PIAA 9007 SUPER WHITES, THE THING ABOUT PIAA IS THAT THE BURN ALOT COOLER, THAT'S WHY THERE THE BEST AND THE MOST EXPENSIVE........YU'LL NEVER GO WRONG WITH PIAA BULBS THERE WORTH THE EXTRA $$$$$$$

·
Registered
86 Posts
i think all the talk about piaa is b.s. if one has paid attention over the past year or so dozens of members have posted bitching about the money they spent on their piaa bulbs and how they burned out.
i had the same eurolites, blue tint like Siizzzoooo did, they lasted a year and a half, no problems. (i do have a 1st gen though) i've had blue nokya bulbs in my fog lights for more than two years and they are still perfect. i refused to go high wattage because of all the tales of melted harnessess and such.
maybe a good idea would be to go with the catz zeta system that acts as an amp and gives you 150% more power from the bulbs (the kit comes with a pair). i might do that, i think it is 200-300 bucks.

good luck chief,

·
Traded in Alti!!!
406 Posts
Mine are straight wired, no harness!!!!!!!!!!

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Merkava said:
i think all the talk about piaa is b.s. if one has paid attention over the past year or so dozens of members have posted bitching about the money they spent on their piaa bulbs and how they burned out.
i had the same eurolites, blue tint like Siizzzoooo did, they lasted a year and a half, no problems. (i do have a 1st gen though) i've had blue nokya bulbs in my fog lights for more than two years and they are still perfect. i refused to go high wattage because of all the tales of melted harnessess and such.
maybe a good idea would be to go with the catz zeta system that acts as an amp and gives you 150% more power from the bulbs (the kit comes with a pair). i might do that, i think it is 200-300 bucks.

good luck chief,
yeah dood, man i had mine in for like almost a year with no problems, then all the sudden my car went on a FRYING spree and juss kept doing it till now. im on my 3rd harness. im stayin stock for now.

·
AKA Howey Feltersnatch
2,051 Posts
sizzzo, ihave the piaa plasma bulbs and i have had no problem. they are not that bluish tint i would like but then gain i have no doubt in my mind that my harenesses are going to be burnt out. i got mine for 35 bones shipped. hit me up w/ an email i'll see if i can pull some strings anf get you a set. latas. . .

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kudakev97SE said:
sizzzo, ihave the piaa plasma bulbs and i have had no problem. they are not that bluish tint i would like but then gain i have no doubt in my mind that my harenesses are going to be burnt out. i got mine for 35 bones shipped. hit me up w/ an email i'll see if i can pull some strings anf get you a set. latas. . .
hey man, check ur PM, thanx dood

·
13,020 Posts
kudakev97SE said:
The PIAA super plasmas are the closest looking ones to HID. I don't know what kind of look you are going for though, But if you want the HID look ,the super plasmas are the closest.

I currenty have the Hiper Industries Plazma xenon bulbs and have used PIAA bulbs in the past and have never had the harness melt at stock wattage.

·
Nissan God
12,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
mrdeucie said:

The PIAA super plasmas are the closest looking ones to HID. I don't know what kind of look you are going for though, But if you want the HID look ,the super plasmas are the closest.

I currenty have the Hiper Industries Plazma xenon bulbs and have used PIAA bulbs in the past and have never had the harness melt at stock wattage.
dont hey only make PIAA Platinums for 9007 sizes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts