·
The Tat Man
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
spinnin' !
226 Posts
Jayman9207 said:
I was just wondering if anyone had the Stillen Strut Tower Bar for their 2002+ 3.5 SE and what they thought about it. Was any kind of modification required in order to squeeze it into the engine compartment? Thanks.

http://www.stillen.com/Sportscars_detail.asp?cat=5&subcat=174&Brand=&id=43823&page=1
As I recalled reading in a post (correct me if I'm wrong) the front brace has little to no effect on these cars since they are relatively stiff in the front to begin with. So this mod is basically a cosmetic alteration. This is from memory and I'm old so forgive me if I'm halucinating.

·
The Tat Man
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soundman said:
As I recalled reading in a post (correct me if I'm wrong) the front brace has little to no effect on these cars since they are relatively stiff in the front to begin with. So this mod is basically a cosmetic alteration. This is from memory and I'm old so forgive me if I'm halucinating.
I have also heard this but I was just wondering what other people thought.

·
Registered
582 Posts
The Stillen Strut bar did tighten up the front a bit and improve the overall response of the car. In order to install the Stillen bar the clutch master cylinder needs to be moved slightly (5 speed), the AC line needs to be bent slightly to avoid chafing on the passanger side bracket and the flange on the top of the intake manifold needs to be shaved approximately 1/4". The relocation of the master cylinder should only take a minute or two as well as the AC line since it is very soft aluminum tubing. With an angle grinder or die grinder the intake mod will only take a few minutes as well. However I did find that I had much more clearance on my car with the Auto transmission than when helping mexxi install the bar on his 5 speed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts