The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be putting on my Stillen Front Lip after I get it painted from the bodyshop. Caliboy just had the bodyshop installed his and he mentioned that there is a gap between the lip and the bumper that it doesn't sit flush. Do you guys have this problem? If so, how did you fix it? Did you guys use the hardware that came with the lip or did you use a different one specially the double back tape? What other methods did you do to make it completely seamless? TIA

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Jerry,

Mine fit fine...however their will be a slight gap underneeth the
spoiler. It's not noticable unless you're looking underneeth
the car. Don't worry about it. Oh yeah, I did use the tape and
studs that came with it. Two studs on each side worked fine for me!

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
hey wat up ray, my place imma take it to is off of tully road right near the fairgrounds..they gonna heat the areas up where there is gap and try and make it fit as close to the bumper as possible. and then sand it, primer,put the flex shit on it, then paint it. same price as caliboy too..imma prlly take it on monday..he is our body that our crew goes to..

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
NO SH8ME said:
hey wat up ray, my place imma take it to is off of tully road right near the fairgrounds..they gonna heat the areas up where there is gap and try and make it fit as close to the bumper as possible. and then sand it, primer,put the flex shit on it, then paint it. same price as caliboy too..imma prlly take it on monday..he is our body that our crew goes to..
Yo Jason, Did you get my pm? Need the phone number for the tint!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
JBL85 said:
JerryJ, do you mean the gap on the front sides? I used double face tape there to keep it close to the body.
Nick, yea the front sides where they meet with the bumper. I decided to not let the body shop install mine now that I know what to look for. According to Caliboy the double back tape that came with the kit is not adequate. It doesn't stick well according to him. What's your take? I don't want any gap specially on the front sides of the bumper.

·
cruiser
1,016 Posts
double side tape sounds like it'll wear after a while. how come not putting a bolt in the middle?

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
JerryJ said:
Nick, yea the front sides where they meet with the bumper. I decided to not let the body shop install mine now that I know what to look for. According to Caliboy the double back tape that came with the kit is not adequate. It doesn't stick well according to him. What's your take? I don't want any gap specially on the front sides of the bumper.
Smart choice, Caliboy was right, that tape stillen provided doesnt stick for crap.

Get industrial grade tape and use that, you can tell the difference between industrial and that crap from stillen because the good stuff will stick to your fingers even with oils on it. Also make sure you dont wash your car for about 2 days after, really let that stuff settle so it holds up right.

-Nick

·
Banned
559 Posts
SE-Rious said:
Jerry,

Mine fit fine...however their will be a slight gap underneeth the
spoiler. It's not noticable unless you're looking underneeth
the car. Don't worry about it. Oh yeah, I did use the tape and
studs that came with it. Two studs on each side worked fine for me!
Yeah this i true not really noticable but the fact that i knew it was there bothered be so what i did was apply a bit of super glue and that fixed the problem!

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Buddy02 said:
I took it to the body shop and they didnt use any of the crap in the install kit. They did a sweet job on the install.
Shxt, Buddy02! That's one sweet engine cover!!!
How much did you pay for the paint job?

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
HKNinja said:
Shxt, Buddy02! That's one sweet engine cover!!!
How much did you pay for the paint job?
its from a Maxima I believe

Primer said:
Yeah this i true not really noticable but the fact that i knew it was there bothered be so what i did was apply a bit of super glue and that fixed the problem!
Only not a good idea if you ever have to take it off, you can kiss your paint on the original bumper good bye.

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Primer said:
I'm not keen about using superglue specially if you can't see it, however the part I'm concerned about is the side. I want it seamless! The gap will look noticeable maybe not to anyone but it would bother me a lot.

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
JerryJ said:
I'm not keen about using superglue specially if you can't see it, however the part I'm concerned about is the side. I want it seamless! The gap will look noticeable maybe not to anyone but it would bother me a lot.
Jerry, I just snapped some pics, I will post them up when I get home from dinner and you can see how it is.

·
Altima Crazy!!!
417 Posts
do you have to drill any holes in the stock bumper to put on the lip?? if you take of the lip, will there be holes in the bumper?? and would you be able to notice them??

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
there are 3 (screws)holes at the end of the lip inside the fender wall..and i plan on putting 3 screws underneath the lip, one on each side and one in the center..and if i have to..ill use the tape.. if u plan on or need to take off the lip..u wont be able to notice the wholes in the front since it is underneath

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
NO SH8ME said:
there are 3 (screws)holes at the end of the lip inside the fender wall..and i plan on putting 3 screws underneath the lip, one on each side and one in the center..and if i have to..ill use the tape.. if u plan on or need to take off the lip..u wont be able to notice the wholes in the front since it is underneath
I put rivets on the bottom of the lip, the part where it touches the bumper....like the recession in the middle, I also used rivets (stainless steel) for the fender wall part.

This side didnt stick well

This side is nicer

That will give you an idea of how well/close it will sit

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
what did u use on the corners where it bends towards the fenders?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts