The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off glad to see that the site is still going strong and informative as always. I've been out of commission for a couple of months following a car accident I had in my 99 Altima SE-L, had me kicking back on the sofa with a cold one in my left hand and the remote in the other for quite sometime. :bonk: Luck would have it, I got me an exact replacement to my Altima and am happy to be on the road again. Well, to get to the point, I've been searching thru this forum and the FAQ forum and really haven't found an answer to my question. I just received my Tokico Struts and Eibach Pro kit the over day and I've having them install on Tuesday but I just want to make sure that everything is being done right. I've found threads about special installs with the GC and Tokico Struts, something about possible having to grid the lip of the strut. So here are the questions:

1. Any special steps when doing my install.
2. Any part taken off the factory struts/springs that I'm "not" going to use with the Eibach+Tokico install.
3. Should I expect any suspension noise(s) that I haven't had before.

Thanks in advance for any feedback. Looking forward to better performance with the upgrade.

·
Banned
0 Posts
BROWNHAND said:
First off glad to see that the site is still going strong and informative as always. I've been out of commission for a couple of months
Couple months?

J/K :p

Good choice on the Eibach set up, BTW ;)

·
Hit and Runs Suck
2,692 Posts
This is a cake install. Just be careful and take it slow, and all will go well. You will love this setup. It's what I run, and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

·
Registered
885 Posts
lil_z_33 said:
why would he need new strut tops??? wouldn't the stock ones do???
The strut mounts are fine unless they're excessively worn (i.e. no rubber left). If you hear any noises, check your linkage between your stut and your swaybar in the rear (you'll see what I mean). Easy install, just don't leave off the spacers that are on the top of the Toks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the Tokicos and Eibachs installed on Tuesday as planned and I very pleased with the outcome. Thanks to all of you that post comments and suggestions on this site because I couldn't have done it without your input. Thanks again. I'll try to load some pics this weekend.

Next upgrade this month:
Paint the valve cover (sure to add 5-10 more horses :p )
Paint some interior pieces.
Front Strut tower bar and Rear Sway bar.

·
New Transaxle JBWelded!
1,025 Posts
lil_z_33 said:
why would he need new strut tops??? wouldn't the stock ones do???
sure, in most cases. but, he asked what parts he wouldn't reuse. some people buy new tops and assemble the entire strut assembly and just swap the new ones in for the old ones.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got pictures of the drop but don't know how to load the picture. I'm new at this stuff so any help would be appreciated. I did a search and didn't really find anything on it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts