The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the Tokico struts really that rough? I assume they are alot stiffer than OEM struts, but do they suck for everyday driving. I have sprint springs...will the ride be alright?

·
www.carzonemotorsport.com
973 Posts
I would not be able to tell you personally but from what I have heard the Tokicos are the best strut out there for the Alty especially for a daily driven one......I would get them but I'm broke...hate when that happens

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I have KYB's and the ride is nice. I'm dropped 3.5" on them with ground controls for about a year now, and have had no problems. they're cheaper than toks and in my opinion, they're perfectly good struts. i put about 50k a year on my car too, so these things have been thru alot.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
they are quite a bit stiffer than stock, but i would not consider the ride really rough, or uncomfortable. sure you feel a lot more of the road, but that is a small tradeoff for the gain in handling performance.

it also depends on how much of a drop you have or are planning to get. the lower you go, the more rough the ride will be, regardless of strut.

·
8,112 Posts
I have Tokicos with Ground Control's all the way down. The ride is rough. You feel everything in the road but like 99altima said.

"It's a small tradeoff for the gain in handling and performance"

I'd go tokico's again if I had to do it over again.

1,849 Posts
i have tokicos. it's a stiffer ride. nice on the curves and straights, not so nice on bumpy roads.

basically...if you want lowered and smooth ride go with KYBs.

if you want lowered and stiffer ride go with tokicos.

depends on your preference.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts