The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
1.) UDP (Definitive or Unorthadox Racing)
2.) INTAKE:
-INJEN (CAI)
-AEM (CAI)
-PLACE RACING (CAI)
-Frankencar (WAI)
3.) CAT BACK
-Mossy
-Custom C/B
4.) Race Pipe ($tillin)
5.) Headers (maybe)

·
Snow White 3.5 SE
580 Posts
what if you were to rate them as highest power gain to lowest power gain?

·
iLoveUman
1,116 Posts
highest to lowest

1. intake/race pipe/header - i think it's a tie, no dyno numbers for the pipe and header so can't really tell
2. UDP/Exhaust - again, no independent dyno numbers showing gains for just one mod

far and away the best bang for the buck is the free wai mod, couple dynos showing gains of ~6-7WHP, and the best part is it's F R E E.

·
Registered
953 Posts
I read in ******************** that a UDP gains about 6.2hp. Not exactly sure though. But thats what a HP gain is on a UDP.

·
Registered
223 Posts
iceman55508 said:
I read in ******************** that a UDP gains about 6.2hp.
Come again...

·
Registered
953 Posts
thanks buddy02

goose,

Check my registry. Thats what a FREE WAI is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Doesn't the Mossy catback system claim a 22 WHP? that sounds like the winner of the single biggest gain item.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
Top 5 perforamnce Mods...

LOL...:D

The title of your thread is funny to me because
there are only 5 performance/hp mods available
right now for the SE 3.5:

1) Intake
2) Exhaust
3) UDP
4) Race Pipe
5) JET chip

The other 2, RSB and Springs are suspension mods
and I'm not counting them towards the above count.

Also, I'm not counting NOS for obvious reasons...

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
To goose;

If you have the V6, just remove the front air intake which rests over the radiator. There are four push pins which hold it in place. Just raise the pin centers a 1/4 of a inch with a small screw driver, then remove the four pins and the whole front air intake unit comes off. You will notice a much larger hole in a "collection?" plastic box which attaches to the air filter box. Leave that in place just in case you want to revert back to stock.

Before you do this, disconnect the negative battery cable and leave it off for a hour or so. Then re-attach the cable and go out for some fun.

Like Linh said, you will experience some gain. You will also hear the engine breathing when you nail it.. something the stock setup keeps silent.

Have fun.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Hey there, SE2002;

Thanks. How's you Frankencar intake doing? Having fun? Nailing that throttle often?

·
Registered
964 Posts
pvick said:
Hey there, SE2002;

Thanks. How's you Frankencar intake doing? Having fun? Nailing that throttle often?
Mr. Pvick,

The intake is great! Yes, I have been hitting that sweet 4,000 RPM # just to hear that great sound and feel that power. I am still thinking about the pulley but we have our first born due in June so...I will have to "settle" on getting leather. I can more easily justify upgrading from cloth than I can performance mods. Plus, I'm still not sure about how the long term affects of the pullyey are going to unravel. I am probably going to get in on the group buy (leather, that is) that ends March 31. Getting matching leather (putty) with black inserts. I hope to take about two-three days for the install. I have never installed leather myself so I hope it goes well. What about you, still looking at modding the Alty or getting on with life?

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
To What I'd really like to do is finish off the rest of the exhaust system, cat back, with good, high-quality piping and something like a MagnaFlow resonator. I am holding off because I want to get some more comments on the sound of that kind of setup with my Stillens.

My toys right now are limited to cars and guns. We sold our last boat in '95 (a 27 foot SeaRay, 268 Sundancer). Guess we'll wait until we are nested in South Carolina ( I imagine> before getting another boat.

Just bought an M15A2 ArmaLite Carbine a month ago. Last two weeks, I've had it out on the range. The thing shoots fantastic. But I won't be letting my Mini-14 Ruger go.. or the Mini-30 Ruger for that matter.

Too many cars and guns and boats, and not enough time or money.

·
Registered
964 Posts
To pvick:

It was so funny, when I was reading your post and you mentioned guns, especially the M15, I was thinking of my Mini-14 (Ranch Model) I bought used when I lived in Auburn (War Eagle!!!). It is a fine addition to my little collection, especially with the 20 round magazines. I have never had any stove piping or jams from the mags (purchased from Cheaper Than Dirt). And the .223 is such a versetile round, relatively cheap too.

Sold to boat huh? I am sticking to the tranquility of my 17' "Old Town" canoe. It will pull 4-5 knots with a fully charged battery, 30 lb trolling motor. Its rigged for fishing and slow cruising with a fine bottle of 2001 Sauvignon Blanc, Kendall-Jackson of course.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
To SE2002;

I have several 30-round mags for the Mini-14 (my rifle is the standard model in stainless and wood), and a few 20s. I find the best 30-rounders I have are the composite ones. They feed just find and since the rifle is sensitive to magazines, that is a good thing.

My new M14A2 Carbine has 3 20-round magazines, two Colt and one ArmaLite, and they all work perfectly. I go to a lot of gun shows, so now I need to find a few 30-round mags for it and stock up on some .223 ammo. I'm down to under 500 rounds now. But I still have close to 1000 rounds of 7.62 x 39 for the Mini-30 and two 30-round mags for it.

You into handguns? Got your CCW?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts