The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night was cruising night I guess for some friends and me...We were driving north to the old race spots to see if anything was going on. The freeway cleared out and it was mostly just me and my friends. That's when I see a set of lights come up in the lane next to me at a rather fast pace. As it passes me I recognize the car, it's a V6 Accord sedan, from what I hear it has quite a few bolt ons. As he passes me my friend tries to catch up to him to run, I downshift and catch up to them, that's when the guy in the accord floors it, so I mash on the gas and stay about 2 cars from his bumper. Traffic comes up ahead so he lets off and so do I. He passes the cars in front of us, I weave thru them and am right behind him again by about 2 cars. He floors it, and I mash on it too, 4 open lanes, no traffic for a while. A few seconds into it, I'm topping off 5th gear going about 120+. By this time I am starting to reel him in. I shift into 6th and rpms sort of sit at around 5k. By this time I am passing him going at the most 140, if not slightly faster, I was more focused on keeping my eyes on the road to look down, but everything was just flying by. We let off and slow down, I look over and he's grinning and shaking his head. That's when a white convertible C5 pulls up next to us, somewhat young guy, looks over and guns it. I figured what the heck, I know I'll get raped. So I downshift and pass him and he catches up, I'm in about 4th gear, high rpm range, when he waves me to go, I mash it, shift into fifth, and he catches up and passes me, of course. We let off, traffic was building up. After that I lost sight of the Accord, but the C5 was behind me. He gets off at an exit and tosses up the ol' peace sign. After my heart calmed a bit, that's when I realized I had left my friends a good 5 miles back.

I've tried to get a high speed out of my car before, but was always afraid of getting caught or worse in accident, but last night was ****in insane! I didn't think the guy in the accord would go that long, but damn was it fun!

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
Good kill but AV6's have govenors at about 133 mph. Only the 4cyl have no govenors.

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah..I can't really pinpoint the exact mph I was when I passed him, 133 sounds about right, I was going a little faster then given the fact that, if what you say is true, he's governed to 133 and I crept by him.

I wanna do it again. :D

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
Yeah it really gets your blood pumpin, I have a gonvenor in 5th gear at 130mph but no govenor in 4th and can run it all the way out to around 136-137 mph fairly quickly.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
I took the alty up to 140 once, I got the shakes majorly... after I settled down of course. the adrenaline is flowin and you look at your hand in the air and it's shakin like a mofo. it's a crazy feeling, but I likes it a lot!

·
I ♥ speedbumps
2,196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cthunder said:
I took the alty up to 140 once, I got the shakes majorly... after I settled down of course. the adrenaline is flowin and you look at your hand in the air and it's shakin like a mofo. it's a crazy feeling, but I likes it a lot!
Yeah..10 minutes later after my friends caught up, we stopped at a gas station and from my elbos down I was shakin' :D

·
Decepticon
190 Posts
That was crazy man!!! Yeah runnin the mph's in the 120 to 140 range does bring a rush to ya!! I've gotten to 140 in my car and afterward my hands were shakin. I don't know, I can handle the speed factor better than putting the Koni's on firm and taking on some twisties!! ;) Either way its a rush!!:D

·
DOES HE EVER SHUTUP!
446 Posts
Frmr97GXE said:

Incorrect, AV6s are drag limited. They also do not pull in 4th much.
Well being that I use to own two different Accords I hung out with others that did also and a few told me there was acually a limiter at 133 mph I took my 4cyl accord up to 139 mph according to the speedo, so the drag couldn't be much more than the 4cyl's. Maybe your is one of the few that didn't receive one like mitsu made some GS-T's without limiters.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts