The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dose any body have the top seats that the stock springs mount to left over from a coil over install that I can buy :confused: I need them for all 4 stock struts. If anybody knows where I can buy them used let me know.

Thanks!

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
go to junkyard and disassemble some, I'm sure you can find them all for under $30. I just bought the top insulator, top spring seat, thrust washer and dust boots in perfectly good condition from the junkyard for $25, for reference. saved me some 100bucks on them compared to new.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Junk yard

I wish!... went to every junkyard in my surrounding area and not a single one would let me seperate the strut. They said I could only buy the whole assembley for $50.00 and take them off myself.:angry3: Any other suggestions???

·
missing El Polo Loco...
2,165 Posts
WTF, you can only get the whole assembly? that sucks! Let me tell you this, just go into the yard and disassemble it there, and bring the parts you need to the front desk. That's exactly what I did. just disconnect the strut to knuckle/spindle bolts, remove the main top strut bolt (be careful) and let the spring tension shot the strut to the ground. some hand play with getting the springs from the seats and the top seats are in your hands.
Usually if you bring the just the parts you need to the front desk, then they'll be forced to sell it to you. They need the money and you need the parts. It took less than 30 minutes to completely disassemble a pair of struts assemblies on the car.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The junkyards around here won't let you pull your own parts. I guess nobody has any left over that they would sell hu?????

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
found them!

Thanks Asura! I found a pick and pull junkyard just had to drive really far. They were $25.00 just like you said. :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts