The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes... I ripped my leather driver side seat. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does that leather glue you see on TV work? I dont want to replace the leather if I don't have to. There is (2) cuts that are only about an inch long.

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,268 Posts
How did you do it? If it just tore on it's own the warranty should cover it..If you sat down with a screwdriver in your poclet that is another story

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
msears said:
Yes... I ripped my leather driver side seat. Does anyone have any suggestions? Does that leather glue you see on TV work? I dont want to replace the leather if I don't have to. There is (2) cuts that are only about an inch long.
nothing ever works like it does on TV !

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
my brother's 2k maxima se 5sp leather was ripped near the seat belt buckle (between seat and seat belt buckle, by center armrest). Took the dealership 2 weeks to get another seat cuz the leather wasn't a regular nissan leather seat (I think his particular lot of Maximas were in the transitional period between 3 diff leather makers).
Anyways, replaced under warantee and a note was made that he won't receive any more leather seats under warantee. Now my bro wraps a hand towel around the belt buckle to prevent it from rubbing the seat.
Jae

·
Registered
6,377 Posts
cuz each seat cost $500 and they said it was an expensive replacement for warantee service. Kinda weird.
So what happens if they replace your engine? you don't get another chance? Well, they didn't give a good excuse other than it's expensive.
Jae

·
Registered
239 Posts
The furniture store I bought my leather couches from sent out a "leather technician" to repair a few minor scuffs. I asked him a bunch of questions about possible damage that could occur in the future and if it could be fixed. One of the questions I asked were about tears to the leather. He said the only tears he would fix are ones in an area of the couch that will not have any traffic at all. Meaning, if the tear occurred in the area where there was any pressure applied to the repair, like an arm rest or the area your rear end sits on, he wouldn't even bother fixing it because the repair would not hold. Show us a picture of the tear so we can help you determine if it's in one of these areas that a repair would not hold.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
A local television station has a "Buy It and Try It" segment on the evening news. They test out different products and report back on whether they work as claimed.

Anyway, they did a segment on the leather repair kit you see on TV all the time. They repaired rips in two jackets. On the jacket with a tiny tear, maybe 1/2 inch or so, it came out OK. On the jacket with the 1 1/2 inch rip, it just looked like crap when they finished. On top of that, it did not look like it was a strong repair. A repair on something that gets a lot of use, like a car seat, would probably last about a day.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had a buddy use that stuff and he said that it worked pretty well.

I think its worth a shot trying, especially if you feel that you would have to replace the whole seat.

Dude sorry that happened......

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
Not to be an a-hole or anything, but it's a story like this that makes me glad I chose not get leather. Too much hassle man, gotta clean it, it's expensive to get, expensive to repair, gets hot and sticky or cold and chilly, gotta watch what you put on it etc. and for what? Just to be able to say "ohh I got leather"? Not worth it IMO.

Hope it works out for you man, but I am glad I won't have to deal with that problem.

·
M W S
1,274 Posts
Waddy said:
Not to be an a-hole or anything, but it's a story like this that makes me glad I chose not get leather. Too much hassle man, gotta clean it, it's expensive to get, expensive to repair, gets hot and sticky or cold and chilly, gotta watch what you put on it etc. and for what? Just to be able to say "ohh I got leather"? Not worth it IMO.

Hope it works out for you man, but I am glad I won't have to deal with that problem.
i got the leather, but i know exactly what you mean. that's why i refuse to get a personal jet. too much hassle -what with all the maintenance, keeping a pilot on salary, service contracts, hangar fees and on and on and on. forget it. too much hassle! ;)

·
Big Yellow Mutt
504 Posts
BigFish said:
At least we don't have to worry much about the lint that are collecting at the seams. :D It is much easier to just wipe the seat clean of lints.:p
Hey that's what my plastic seat covers are for ;)

J/K!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts