The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Title beneath my name
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering how the protorque torque converter actually works...like what does it do to my car, make it faster, make the engine more efficient...what does it freakin do???:p

as you can tell i don't don't know much about cars:D

does the torque converter increase or decrease gas mileage?

is this something i should think of getting???

and from what i've gathered from other post i should get i/e/h, but what else should i get a pulley, wires, new plugs, new ignition thinga mah jigg???

thnx for the help

·
Registered
778 Posts
well i have a 97 with a torque convertor and it really helps out

off the line when you rev the gas it will only rev to like 2200 but with this it goes to 3000 and you get a better start.

i mean when you give it a lot of gas while braking at the line

·
Registered
175 Posts
erebunialtima said:
well i have a 97 with a torque convertor and it really helps out

off the line when you rev the gas it will only rev to like 2200 but with this it goes to 3000 and you get a better start.

i mean when you give it a lot of gas while braking at the line
What did you have the stall speed set at? I was asking about this a couple of days ago. Heres the thread.

http://www.altimas.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1300

·
hard on equipment
714 Posts
osama said:
I think the short answer is: TC act as the "clutch" for an auto.
That's correct. What the aftermarket torque converter does is change the stall speed on the transmission, meaning your engine will rev higher into the rev band before it shifts. It's also a more pressurized unit, so it gives better response leaving the line in first gear. It shouldn't be too hard on the engine or transmission, but it would almost definitely require an automatic transmission fluid cooler.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts