The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I got in a pretty bad wreck today. I was traveling about 40mph on a main road and someone pulled out of a side street and attempted to make a left hand turn. I couldn't avoid them and I hit them head on in their drivers side. My drivers airbag immediately deployed. My drivers door had trouble opening and made a creaking sound. Also my hood is bent and my bumper and grill is completely off. I also notice the frame is bent in to where it damaged the radiator. Is my car totaled? I'm guessing it is but someone said it's fixable. It's a 2008 Altima 2.5SL with 89k

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,767 Posts
Glad you are OK

Hi, I got in a pretty bad wreck today. I was traveling about 40mph on a main road and someone pulled out of a side street and attempted to make a left hand turn. I couldn't avoid them and I hit them head on in their drivers side. My drivers airbag immediately deployed. My drivers door had trouble opening and made a creaking sound. Also my hood is bent and my bumper and grill is completely off. I also notice the frame is bent in to where it damaged the radiator. Is my car totaled? I'm guessing it is but someone said it's fixable. It's a 2008 Altima 2.5SL with 89k
My guess would be yes

·
Registered
924 Posts
I had my 2007 3.5SE totaled after a 10-15 mph accident/no airbag deploy/no frame damage. Damage was around $5200 and the car is worth around $7500. Falls in that more than a percentage of vehicle worth. Minus deductible, I had around $7200 to put towards a replacement.

You better hope they total it. You do not want to be driving this fixed car and later down the road find another problem that could be associated to the accident. Cut ties, collect that check, and get another car.

Like WildWilly said, glad you're ok.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Had a scarily similar situation happen to me recently; I was driving down the road in my first car (2003 Ford Focus) and someone attempted to make a left when they had a red light and I couldn't avoid them and hit them. Insurance totaled it out and that's the reason I'm driving my 2008 Altima 2.5S today. Glad everything is ok.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts