The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was a passenger in this race ....if you guys were familiar with San Diego there was an Import Show there 2 weeks ago......coming back home from the show it was about 3 am ......my friend has a turbo charged 94 Del Sol...Body kit....the works... Modded out the ASS he spent at least 10 grand on his car......the cars we were racing was a 90-95 MR2 turbo and a porsche 996 <~~ new one... i guess all of us were coming from the import show because the MR2 was heavily modded, the porsche looked stock........5 north freeway passing San Diego county line heading into Orange County........my friend and i are in the Sol cruising about 75... when the 996 and the MR2 fly by us at like 120 MPH....my friend got pissed and down shifted red lined his car..BTW his BLOW OFF VALVES sound amazing......and caught up to them he was at least doing 135.......the MR2 and 996 moved out of the way to avoid other cars.....the 996 and the MR2 slowed down and they came side to side...my friend then tailgated the 996 we were doing about 90.. then the 996 and the got into the next lane so we got the middle spot and all of us were lined up cruising about 95-100....this is on a 6 lane highway.....THEN ALL OF US GUNNED IT.....the 996 took both us off he had like 3 car lengths ahead of us.. BUT..the MR2 hit his N20 and was about 1/2 car length ahead of the 996.......my friend and i were about 4 car lengths back when speeds hit about 155 the 996 started to slow down....<~~i think it has govenors or IT WAS TOO DANGEROUS......the MR2 pretty much won that race as he shut it down with his hazards BUT THAT SHIT WAS SCARY......155mph i didnt know a del sol can go that fast.....the MR2 was going faster caz of his cheater speeder.......<~~it was fun though.....that the fastest ive been

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
first i would like to say all u guys are retarded.

then i call bs. how do u know the mr2 hit the nos. porsches have no governor. and 155 in a del sol? he must have it way beyond the redline in 5th. i dont think mr2 are geared to go 155+ but i'll give u benefit of the doubt.

·
Banned
1,737 Posts
chiadog said:
first i would like to say all u guys are retarded.

then i call bs. how do u know the mr2 hit the nos. porsches have no governor. and 155 in a del sol? he must have it way beyond the redline in 5th. i dont think mr2 are geared to go 155+ but i'll give u benefit of the doubt.
Ahh, racing at (conservative) 120mph on a public highway with traffic. How nice.

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
i am still waitin on darwinism to kick in and thin the herd.

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
176 Posts
chiadog said:
i am still waitin on darwinism to kick in and thin the herd.
I'm afriad this board would suffer a dramatic decrease in activity.

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
i wonder where i stole that from :confused: :eek:

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
ejumaket me :D

·
Bruised Soup
9,479 Posts
i dont think a del sol can do 155, maybe with a TON of internal mods, diff tranny, gearing...it could be possible, the 97-00 preludes do 143 i think..hmmm...

i know that the 99 996's do 181 or so, they are governed though, nothing a trip to RUF cant fix:)

HBOC

·
Retired MòDÉrâTòR
824 Posts
It is possible to go 155+ in a Del Sol. I had a buddy back in CA that hit 162 (i think). I was in the car with him when he hit 150. Yes he did have a lot of internal mods and a custom gear box. Spent around $20-25K on the engine and tranny.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well....first off this story is not BS.......the porsche had more car lengths ahead of us but the MR2 and the sol were side by side .....i do think the porsche was going like 155+ <~~i was just estimatating.......and the MR2 did hit his N20.....because he did take a huge lead over us.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts