The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a 2013 Sentra SL and recently bought new wheels with TPMS sensors installed from Tire Rack. However, I've taken them to two NISSAN dealerships and they cannot pick up on the sensors to initialize them to my car. So I keep getting the blinking "Tire Pressure" light then stays on after a minute.

Has anyone had any issue getting after market TPMS sensors initialized at a dealership? If so, did you get the issue resolved and how?

Thanks again for all your help!
Tim

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Hello, I have a 2013 Sentra SL and recently bought new wheels with TPMS sensors installed from Tire Rack. However, I've taken them to two NISSAN dealerships and they cannot pick up on the sensors to initialize them to my car. So I keep getting the blinking "Tire Pressure" light then stays on after a minute.

Has anyone had any issue getting after market TPMS sensors initialized at a dealership? If so, did you get the issue resolved and how?

Thanks again for all your help!
Tim
Read my .sig section on TPMS and do it the old school way (I assume the Sentra is similar to the Altima here) with specific PSI's and the paperclip grounding approach. If that doesn't work, it's possible that TireRack forgot to wake up the sensors from their shipping state. If that's the case, you need to know what type of sensor they put in and have someone with the correct tool send the wake up signal.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for that, only question I have is the tire pressure. Since the psi is smaller in the sentra than the altima...do I need to over inflate tire Front LH to 34 from 32?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
I'm sure you can Google as well as I can :) Don't forget to post your solution for others who come after! If you cannot find the answer...post back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts