I'veswitchedthewayImove
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How so accurate is the TPMS reading???

Thanks

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,767 Posts
I would be nice to have a pressure read inside the vehicle for each wheel. That would be much more useful than it telling you when your tires are much lower than they should be. Because if I go from 33 to 27, there is a leak. No matter what the temp is, my pressure never varies by more than a couple of degrees.

The govt mandated sensors are solely for idiots.

·
I'veswitchedthewayImove
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accurate enough to let the driver know when the tire pressure falls below 28 psi.
Thanks for your information......
The TPMS readings are not equal to those of the conventional tire pressure gauge....so, I´ll prefer to check the tires pressure like the "old school" and let the TPMS system to warn low tires pressures only.

·
Registered Boozer
310 Posts
Mine seem to be pretty accurate when reading them with a tpms tool. The car's dash, like already mentioned, is only useful when one of the sensors exceeds a certain threshold.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I would be nice to have a pressure read inside the vehicle for each wheel. That would be much more useful than it telling you when your tires are much lower than they should be. Because if I go from 33 to 27, there is a leak. No matter what the temp is, my pressure never varies by more than a couple of degrees.

The govt mandated sensors are solely for idiots.
Welcome to the 5th gen altima dash reads lbs for each tire while driving

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
5,767 Posts
Welcome to the 5th gen altima dash reads lbs for each tire while driving
That's useful ! Not necessary, but useful. Nissan give me a transmission option, I'm in

1 - 8 of 8 Posts