The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i didn't quite beat ya, but i'm closer than ever

1st run vs Honda LS VTEC hatch:

60' - 2.298
1/4 - 14.622, he got a 15.6
mph - 94.83


2nd run vs Mazda Miata:

60' - 2.424
1/4 - 14.712, he got a 14.8
mph - 94.74


3rd run vs Honda GSR hatch hybrid

60' - 2.259
1/4 - 14.528, he got a 15.8
mph - 95.14




I finally got what i was looking for (14.6) plus a little extra (14.5)!! I was, and still are, STOKED!!! I'm seriously thinking of the 60mm TB, JWT cams, and some slicks...

13's ;)
 

·
donor cycle
Joined
·
8,475 Posts
NICE!! i am glad to hear that your system is working out!! your traps are just barely lower than what i usually run (last run of yours looks exactly like what i was running last night). Just wait till i get my bigger nos jets though :p
 

·
donor cycle
Joined
·
8,475 Posts
did you get the typical "WTF??!!??" reaction from all the other people at the track?? haha, that's the best part of racing a sedan.
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rick said:
did you get the typical "WTF??!!??" reaction from all the other people at the track?? haha, that's the best part of racing a sedan.
seriously, not one person came up to me. There must've been about 4-5 240sx's out there, and not one said anything to me. I was, and always am, the only Altima. Every now and then another will show up, but they're stock, or barely modded.

i love being different. I get sick and tired of seeing all those Hondas, and Mitus. Nissans are really rare, especially the 4-door family sedan.

Yeah, knew the kit had more in it than a 14.9. I went into tonight hoping for a 14.6, and that's exactly what i got. Then, the last run surprised the hell outta me. I launched pretty good, and then once nitrous kicked in, i spun 1st. I wasn't expecting a 14.5 at all. I know there's a low 14 in her, but proving will take practice. Hell, by then, i should have the cams and TB.
 

·
Import Tech.
Joined
·
1,491 Posts
1fastaltima said:


seriously, not one person came up to me. There must've been about 4-5 240sx's out there, and not one said anything to me. I was, and always am, the only Altima. Every now and then another will show up, but they're stock, or barely modded.

i love being different. I get sick and tired of seeing all those Hondas, and Mitus. Nissans are really rare, especially the 4-door family sedan.

.

Man I hate that ... Every time I am at the track I get ignored also ...... But I just love looking at all of the 240SX and SE-R's that are way slower !!!

Hey 1fastaltima , Good job !!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Good job 1fast, very impressive indeed! :) But WTF is wrong with those 2 Honda drivers??? Are they retarded or something? A b18 hybrid HATCH and a frankenstein HATCH can't even get out of the HIGH 15's??? I recommend prompt removal of their engines, and give them to someone who knows how the hell to drive.
 

·
donor cycle
Joined
·
8,475 Posts
wow, just about everyone I race at the track comes up to me and asks wtf is under my hood etc, even people from the stands make their way down to ask wtf. most of the people are used to seeing altimas run like 17-18 sec. 1/4's around here
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MelanieMonroe said:
Good job 1fast, very impressive indeed! :)

thanks, i'm still looking for better

MelanieMonroe said:
But WTF is wrong with those 2 Honda drivers??? Are they retarded or something?
not sure. the GSR hit a 14.2 before that run with me. He said he hoped to hit a 13 that night. Not sure what happened, he might've just shut it down cuz somethin went wrong

as for the other, he's a good friend of mine and has had major problems with that car. I don't even want to get into it with ya, it's bad. So those times sre pretty good, for him
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
1fastaltima said:
1st run vs Honda LS VTEC hatch:

he got a 15.6

3rd run vs Honda GSR hatch hybrid

he got a 15.8
Next time the owners of these cars need to NOT let the monkeys drive. An LSVTEC hatch should run mid 14's with just that swap.

And the GSR hatch should run mid14's as well.

LoL
 

·
Die Trying
Joined
·
2,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: Track times, Watch Out Rick!!!

Wisconsin S2k said:


Next time the owners of these cars need to NOT let the monkeys drive. An LSVTEC hatch should run mid 14's with just that swap.

And the GSR hatch should run mid14's as well.

LoL

like i said, the LS VTEC has had major problems
the GSR had to have shut it down. I saw him do a 14.2 earlier that night

another friend of mine runs a GSR hatch with Type R cam, toda gears, i/h/e, vafc, etc
he runs a LOW 14 consistantly, but it's got a high 13 in it. Fo shizzle
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Yeah I have a friend with a b18 hatch, Type R cams, i/h n1 and etc, but his car has NEVER run right, I beat him all the time in my riced out ZC. Infact we raced tonight and I owneD him so hardcore. He hates me. :(
 

·
350Z
Joined
·
5,899 Posts
Rick said:
wow, just about everyone I race at the track comes up to me and asks wtf is under my hood etc, even people from the stands make their way down to ask wtf. most of the people are used to seeing altimas run like 17-18 sec. 1/4's around here
what are you trying to say?
 

·
donor cycle
Joined
·
8,475 Posts
osama said:
what are you trying to say?

lol, I wasn't referring to you 2nd gens, but usually there is a couple of guys with beat up first gens that go on SCO and run 18+ 1/4's

hell, i owe some of my car's speediness to you anyways!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,239 Posts
MelanieMonroe said:
Yeah I have a friend with a b18 hatch, Type R cams, i/h n1 and etc, but his car has NEVER run right, I beat him all the time in my riced out ZC. Infact we raced tonight and I owneD him so hardcore. He hates me. :(
cant you fit a b18 motor instead of zc in CRX....wouldnt that be alot better?

and do you know of a b-17.??? i never heard of that engine code....and if does exist which honda does it go to
 
G

·
yo, nice run. damn, my own nitrous kit is halfway installed. i have the bottle in place and most of the wires drawn, but i still have to install the jet, the bottle heater, the gauges, ARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHH!!!!!!! i'm going insane!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,827 Posts
Yeah there is actually a b17 frankenstein at the shop who did my swap (or atleast there was, dunno if someone bought it). The b17 motor came out of early 90's GSR's. They have the same 160hp rating as the b16's, but their redline is lower and they have a bit more torque.
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top