The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to trade in your Altima? It seems like the trade in value is kinda low. I am being offered between 13 to 14 for my 2.5S with a 5 spd and 7000 miles. The online value sources show around 15 for it. But no one is close to that. Just wondering what others experiances have been.

Thanks, Paul

PS. I know I can get more by selling it myself but I am not getting many bites (0) when advertising it locally.

·
*Donating Member* Member
878 Posts
McFly said:
PS. I know I can get more by selling it myself but I am not getting many bites (0) when advertising it locally.
That is why your trade value is so low. The dealer knows it. The economy is down, people can buy new cars at great deals and low to zero interest.

Also, what are you using to get your online trade value? KBB, NADA? The dealer is probably using black book, or loan value to come up with what he is offering you. Sucks, but that is the way it is going now. I had thought about letting the Eclipse go to help my savings account grow a bit, but I would have had to PAY someone to buy it. (I owe around $16,000 and it only has a little over 8,300 miles on it, but I would not get the payoff.)

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,286 Posts
Mine will be with tm for a while...I think...so I am not worried about it. It's worth a lot more to me than what they will give me for it.

·
Rock & Roll Outlaw
649 Posts
The Taxes Alone

People need to remember that the government gets their cut.

You need to pay more taxes.

Get a grip and add some modifications.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
I wanna trade my 03 SE 5sp for a G35 coupe but when I bought it up in front of my father, he told me to "**** Off and Be Satisfied". I guess because he has to be my co-signer again he disagree's with the whole trade in thing :(

·
Registered
319 Posts
NVS aLtiMa said:
I wanna trade my 03 SE 5sp for a G35 coupe but when I bought it up in front of my father, he told me to "**** Off and Be Satisfied". I guess because he has to be my co-signer again he disagree's with the whole trade in thing :(
man... we're alike :( cept i havent ask my dad yet.. but i got a feeling he'll say the same.. cept my car has been into one accident.. its fixed.. but i'm sure its gonna devalue the friggen car ;(

·
Registered
319 Posts
but if i was to trade in a car.. and i'm still financing it.. how does it work.. let say i still have 15gs to pay off.. and tradein was say 10gs.. so i owe 5gs.. then i sign a car loan for a g35coupe for 35gs.. do i'll end up oweing 40gs?

is that how it works?

sounds really complicated to me .. maybe i'm just slow ;|

·
Registered
319 Posts
the g35 price i got quoted for was 35g loaded with navi and all the options.. cept for side body molding and mud guards (like who needs that shit anyway :p )

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
You're 02 or 03 Altima weather it be a 2.5 or 3.5,
will only be worth to the dealer what he can buy
the same car at auction for. Someones already said
it, that the used car market is extremely flooded right
now, thus advantage = dealer.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
3PT5SE said:
but if i was to trade in a car.. and i'm still financing it.. how does it work.. let say i still have 15gs to pay off.. and tradein was say 10gs.. so i owe 5gs.. then i sign a car loan for a g35coupe for 35gs.. do i'll end up oweing 40gs?

is that how it works?

sounds really complicated to me .. maybe i'm just slow ;|
Yea I believe thats hot it works, my aunt traded in her 03 Camry SE 5sp fpr the Solara SLE V6 5sp and a balance of $2200 was carried over to the Solara from the Camry. Maybe if a balance doesnt carry over from my car my father will agree ? Maybe I'll ask him when he blazed out ;) :p

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
I went to North Shore Infinti In Great Neck to see what I could get for trade-in today and I almost fell running out of there after they quoted me $18000 for it !:confused2 I mean damn, gimme at least 22k or something close to that. And all of this after he almost killed me in the parking lot when he turned my car on not knowing it was in Reverse ! Thats it, nobody is ever allowed in my car without me sitting behind the drivers seat !:angry4:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL NVS,
I know how you feel. I actually got hit by a salesman at an Acura dealer. I was looking under the hood when the salesidiot started the car, I'm thinking at the time that this is not good I could have had my hand in there. I close the hood and at about that time the guy jumps out of the car. Trouble is he forgot that it was a manual and he had it in gear. Car lurches forward bangs me on the shins and down I go. Lucky for me it stalled out. Funny thing is as I was laying down on the pavement trying to figure out if I am really hurt he tries to point out how good the brakes are and did I notice the dual ventilated rotor front brakes from that angle:rolleyes:
True story.

Paul

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
LoL thats funny. The same thing happen to me when I bought my car. I was standing in the door way of the drivers door while my salesman was turning the car on to show me how stuff works and the next thing I know, I was on the ground. The opened door hit me so hard in my arm that it turned black blue and red 5 seconds after it hit me, now. My arm hurt so bad, my mother was bitching at him and then the manager so bad that to get her to shut the hell up, I got my extended 100,000 mile warranty that I opted not to get for free and my first 6 oil changes free at that particular dealership only. He blamed it on the service guy who brought the car around for leaving it in gear lol. But anyways I was so excited with the car, I forgot I had a bruise almost the size of a cd on my forearm :)

·
VTEC & 5.0 owner :wtf:
417 Posts
Bwahahah I should stand in front of mine and see if they hit me. I could use a nice boost in allowable lease miles :D

·
Resident NBA Junkie
350 Posts
McFly said:
LOL NVS,
I know how you feel. I actually got hit by a salesman at an Acura dealer. I was looking under the hood when the salesidiot started the car, I'm thinking at the time that this is not good I could have had my hand in there. I close the hood and at about that time the guy jumps out of the car. Trouble is he forgot that it was a manual and he had it in gear. Car lurches forward bangs me on the shins and down I go. Lucky for me it stalled out. Funny thing is as I was laying down on the pavement trying to figure out if I am really hurt he tries to point out how good the brakes are and did I notice the dual ventilated rotor front brakes from that angle:rolleyes:
True story.

Paul

:lol:

·
A+, MCP
1,111 Posts
Trade-in, never a good idea.

Universal City Nissan was willing to take my 2.5S w/ Premium Pkg for $15 - $16k with 18,000 miles (back then) on it. The only things the sales manager asked me was color, millage and options on my car. I think it's pretty good deal consider my car was $19,750 when I bought it. But tax, extended warrenty and alarm are wasted. Trade in will never work for me I guess. Unless I got a lot of money, a few grents aren't an issue, then we're talking. Otherwise, private party selling is always the best way to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts