The Nissan Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Anal
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Specs: 93 gxe auto 102,000 mi

Condition: i put roughly 100 mi a day on the alty. I drive an hour to and from school monday - friday and deliver pizza 6 days a week 6 hrs a day for a busy pizza place.

Problem: Occasionally when i put my car in reverse and press the gas, it either dosent go anywhere and the rpms race to 5000 or the engine studers and shakes violently.

i havent got the train serviced yet and im wondering if its worth it.
Do i need to have the screen cleaned (if there even is one)?
Any help is greatly appreciated!

im selling a yamahaa stage custom drum set for $450 bought for $700 new, to try to pay for a new trani if anyones interested email me at [email protected]

·
DON'T!!! I'm watching you
2,709 Posts
That happened to me. Plus days later 1st and 2nd gear were jammed, so it started really slow on 3rd. The cure was trans. rebuilt. I paid 1,400 $ for it (final invoice was 1,600 $ with a couple other things I fixed). 12 months/10K miles warranty and I can say I feel my Alti really nice and smooth since I fixed it.

·
I ♥ speedbumps
1,459 Posts
Yep, you're going to have to invest in either a new tranny or a tranny rebuild. I had the same thing happen to me, twice.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i know what you mean..i used to deliver pizzas in HS.( not in my altima though) that job will wear your down. especially the brakes. i know the tips are real good but i suggest you find another job. dont put your altima through so much damn strain. love it like she's your bitch.

·
Banned
0 Posts
My bro got a used tranny from a junkyard, installed for $700. Private mechanic. Look into it, because the one you have is done.

·
Traded in Alti!!!
118 Posts
i just got a new one in and its doing this too, goes o where and then seems like manual tranny cause eases in to reverse lol

·
Anal
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanx guys
got my moms credit card hehe =) but only for a service
its friday night the most busiest pizza night ever and im just hoping it lasts through the weekend...

·
Official Troll
3,031 Posts
roz said:
Problem: Occasionally when i put my car in reverse and press the gas, it either dosent go anywhere and the rpms race to 5000 or the engine studers and shakes violently.
You're tranny is slipping, and soon you're going to need to replace the whole tranny. Changing the tranny fluid isn't going to help any at this point.

When you get a tranny, new or rebuilt, remember to drive it gentle. You need to break it in. And don't forget to follow the tranny fluid service schedule.

·
Anal
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanx for all the advice guys youve saved me a lot of money and aggrevation dealing with shisty mechanics (no offence to any mechanics here that are shisty). gettin a new trani installed for like 450 so i definately made out in the deal thanx!!

·
Official Troll
3,031 Posts
450!!! That sounds like a tranny that came from the junkyard.

That can't possibly be a rebuilt, let alone a new one.

I had my tranny replaced like 3 times when I had my '88 Camry, and each time it was close to $2000.

If it is one coming from a junkyard, then those guys better prep it up, ie cleaning the pan, screen, and fresh tranny fluid at the correct level.

·
Anal
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the trani cost 300$ and my neighbor who is a mechanic said he would help me rebuild and install for $100 bucks... mission complete... took a whole weekend but trani is as smooth as butter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts