The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In April I got a 2016 Altima SR. Carfax showed the dates of service but not what was done. How can I find out what was done? Reason is, car has 95,000 miles on it and I don't know if dealer did the 95000 mile sked maintenance, and at 100,000 miles the CVT fluid should be changed and the service writer is kind of casual about even following the required mileage maintenance for tire rotation and LOF.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
182 Posts
If the transmission fluid had been changed at a Nissan dealership there should be a service record of it at one of those listed on the Carfax. Many dealerships are willing to provide the invoices for the service based on the VIN. The prior owner could've changed it out themselves. One way to tell is to draw out some fluid from the dipstick tube - about 4 ounces should be sufficient - to determine if the fluid has been changed recently. If it has never been changed after 95K miles, the fluid will be considerably darker than brand new fluid.

If there isn't any record of the fluid ever being changed, then play it safe and get the fluid replacement completed soon. I changed the fluid by myself in my 2014 2.5S for the first time at 85K miles with Nissan NS3 fluid. The factory fluid was still in fairly good condition after six years.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts