The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Rule #1 is Im #1
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked my auto tranny fluid yesterday and its not the nice red/blood color anymore. Its getting a brownish tint, which tells me it needs to be flushed/changed. I want to get it done while im at work because about time I get home everything is closed. Is there any national chain you guy/gals would recommend like jiffy-lube, firestone, Goodyear, etc.? There is a dealer about 15 miles from me but its too far for their shuttle to bring me back to work. Help me out guys......

·
Bad Boys are Back!!!
12,088 Posts
^Could be or not. My wife's Pontiac Grand Am just turned 60000miles this June and when I tried taking it to the dlr in May and to some other shops, everyone recommended me to wait until I go over 60000miles or so. No one would touch it even though I wanted to get it done and was willing to pay for it..............

·
Honorary So Cal Member
16,046 Posts
DesiEGO said:
^Could be or not. My wife's Pontiac Grand Am just turned 60000miles this June and when I tried taking it to the dlr in May and to some other shops, everyone recommended me to wait until I go over 60000miles or so. No one would touch it even though I wanted to get it done and was willing to pay for it..............
How does she drive the car???

·
Long Time Caller
1,951 Posts
It is recommended at 30k and is included in the 30k service.

I work at valvoline and we do flushs no problem. we let the customer watch the entire time. The only problem is we dont carry Nissan Matic D tranny fluid, Dex III is a usable alternative, but not the authentic stuff that you could get at the dealer.

·
Rule #1 is Im #1
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just notice the brown tint color when I checked it tuesday. I bought the car pre-owned so I dont know how the previous owner treated it. It was Nissan certified and came with a 100K mile waranty from the dealer when I got it, but I dont want neglect to ruin the waranty. I priced tow different dealers. One said between $152 for a power flush and The other sad $114. I guess you know who im going with.....

·
Rule #1 is Im #1
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
(Altima-02) Yes that what they quoted. Two different Nissan dealers. Just the drain & fill was almost 50 bucks @ the dealer who quoted me the $114 for the flush. I supposed to get the flush done this evening.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts