The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[email protected]%$#@^$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:angry4:

I was replacing the tranny oil (Its a manual) and when we were done, we saw that a part of the back of the tranny was leaking (droplets about every 5 seconds). We took it back to the dealer a few months ago to get this fixed and OBVIOUSLY they either didn't fix it or didn't do a very good job.

What do you guys think I should do? :confused: I know tranny leaks are pretty expensive to fix... I love my car but this stuff is getting insane! :rolleyes:

The tranny oil that came out after we drained it was BLACK - and there was only like a quart and a half of it in there - (yes I know, VERY BAD) So we put the new stuff in and noticed the leak in the back.

Help??? :bawl:

·
I can't type
2,545 Posts
The reason you didnt get much tranny fluid id cause you did a drain. get it flushed. Most of the fluid is in the torque converter. When I got mine flushed the dealer told me that my tranny cooler lines are leaking. Im not worried about it since Ive never seen my cars tranny fluid leaking.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
yeh deffinetly take it back---u just got it fixed a few months ago--theres gotta be a warentee-- its worth a shot. good luck

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
rf_fanatic said:
The reason you didnt get much tranny fluid id cause you did a drain. get it flushed. Most of the fluid is in the torque converter. When I got mine flushed the dealer told me that my tranny cooler lines are leaking. Im not worried about it since Ive never seen my cars tranny fluid leaking.

she drives a 5-speed.

·
Golden Member
1,834 Posts
asf, yeah he musta missed that even tho she wrote it... oh well, u live and u learn ! :p

where is the leak, not around the sump? if not then that could be bad, cos that usually means techies charge $$ to find the leak which generally leads to a full overhaul...

reverend, is the alty manual g/b a full seal / gasket type?

cos on alfas its a bitch.

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Theres a puddle of tranny oil under my car about a foot by 2 feet :( and its still dripping

ugh..... can i still drive it like this? the level was below the leak before we filled it up - and I drove it all the time.

Its a gasket thats leaking.

·
Kitt Shicker
1,128 Posts
i have been having the same gawdamn problem with my car. (also a 5 speed). a puddle of gear oil measuring at least 2' in diameter has spawned underneath my car. i have to fill up my car with gear oil every week until i have enough money to buy another tranny bc my gears are all eaten up also.

·
no ordinary sedan
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just get one rebuilt from nissan.. I wouldn't buy one from a junkyard because it could turn out having a leak too that won't show up for a couple months.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts