The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the fluid isnt low and it runs great. I think its a sensor. I had to hemove a heat shield from the downpipe due to excessive rattling. Now I think heat is hitting a sensor and sending back that the tranny is too hot. When in actuality the heat from the downpipes hitting it. It occured after I removed the heat shield. Anyone elses opinion? I checked the fluid and everythings aok. If I have to I might just cut the wire behind the dash. I am sure its just a stupid sensor.

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
Is it flashing a code? It will, if it has one.
Otherwise, mine comes on when I first start the car and then goes off, but it can't be heat since everything is cold.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help. Mine is off, goes one, then goes off in a matter of a half hour or so. Its gotta be acting stupid. Its not a code cause its doesnt do it repeatively. I may just cut the cable behind the dash. Stupid electronics. I am taking an indept look on friday. Then I will deside. Anyone elses opinion?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The check tranny light on my 94 5-speed. Its got a picture of a tranny and it says check on it. Autos may be different. I should have said gearbox light.

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It started when I removed the downpipes heat shield. Second, I got a 5-speed and no overdrive. The short shifter was installed like 3 months ago so I doubt thats the problem.

·
DRGN4DR
4,325 Posts
NISSANFREAK: that would be your check engine light...i just went and checked 5 different altimas...i work at a nissan dealer in service...and thats where im at right now...

·
Resistance is futile
3,202 Posts
I thought you were talking about the O/D lite on an auto, too. Didn't read your sig. Did you try resetting the ECU?

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Its the check engine light. It goes on every once in awhile. But its nothing serious cause it never stays on for long. Its weird. I think its a faulty sensor.

·
DRGN4DR
4,325 Posts
take it in and have it checked out...seriously...something small can turn into something big if u dont take of it...problems on a car dont go away on their own..

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going to check out what the ecu code is saying. I am looking over everything this weekend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts