The Nissan Club banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i turn on my car after leaving it in the garage for like 30 mins and then all of a sudden, it wont shift into 2nd gear. it feels like its completely struggling just to stay in first and it doesnt og past 2-3k RPMs. reverse is fine though. please help!!!

·
Registered
491 Posts
Diesel Clown said:
ok i deserve a flame for this one but i have no clue where to check and what to check for.
Steve, check your transmission fluid. The transmission fluid dipstick is this black rubber round ball. Can't miss it. Pull it out and check to see if you are low on transmission fluid. Also check for color and smell. If it is brownish and smells burnt, get that shiat flushed ASAP!

·
Cube Farmer
1,671 Posts
Posted this in OT but check them there fluids... A low trans fluid level (with a temp change in weather) can do that there sort of stuff to them silly hoes with autos....

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
If you're going to need to replace your tranny, check this place out..........

Delk-Reno Transmissions
72-01 Queens Boulevard, Woodside, NY 11377
(718) 672-3500

Ask for Bill.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
flarearrow said:
If you're going to need to replace your tranny, check this place out..........

Delk-Reno Transmissions
72-01 Queens Boulevard, Woodside, NY 11377
(718) 672-3500

Ask for Bill.
thanks lawrence, ive been to that place before. luckily, my car was fine this morning adn when i checked the fluid, it was fine. weird.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Diesel Clown said:
thanks lawrence, ive been to that place before. luckily, my car was fine this morning adn when i checked the fluid, it was fine. weird.
that's [email protected] spooky :(

If I was you, I would be closly monitoring this, i.e. wet spots on the floor, leaks, the color/smell/level of the tranny fluid, etc.

you checked the fluid properly right? You're suppose to check the tranny fluid after the car has been fully wamred up and driven around for like 5 min, and while the engine is still running.

·
2,724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
flarearrow said:

that's [email protected] spooky :(

If I was you, I would be closly monitoring this, i.e. wet spots on the floor, leaks, the color/smell/level of the tranny fluid, etc.

you checked the fluid properly right? You're suppose to check the tranny fluid after the car has been fully wamred up and driven around for like 5 min, and while the engine is still running.
yup, but im gonan swing by to delk anyway to service it cuz it shifts kinda harshly.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
kierandill said:

I think maybe he made one when he thought his tranny was toast!
:D
hahahahahaha

·
Registered
407 Posts
I was having the same troubles for about two months, i finally took it in and had a new tranny/transaxle and all that shit put in. $3400...... coulda almost got a f-max!!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts