The Nissan Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I have a quick question to see if anyone has had similar problems to what im experiencing. Today driving to work everything was fine, however when i got into my car at lunch, the car started fine, placed it in reverse(wheels were turned) and the car had some hesitation (rough take off). I straightened the wheel and tapped the brakes to make sure nothing was locking up on it. After pulling out, I proceeded to roll down windows to see if i could hear anything. When the car is in park everything is fine. However when i put it in drive or reverse (automatic), a clicking noise begins that sounds like its coming from under the mid firewall. Once i put the car back into park or neutral it stops. I repeated this a dozen time and results are always the same. On the road, nothing major is noticeable. I feel like the brakes are a little jumpy and ride is a little rougher, but honestly it may just be me over analyzing the car.

The car is a 2013 Nissan Altima SL 2.5l.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or have any ideas.

Much appreciative.

John

·
2013 Sentra SR
866 Posts
The only clicking that I would know of is the axles clicking if they were bad while you were driving and turning the wheel. If its stopped and in park, when you put it in gear you will hear the click by the shifter to release when you push on the brake. Other than maybe your motor making a clicking noise(valves) I wouldn't know. But they are usually pretty quiet. Any issues with the transmission with shifting or driving?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

Thanks for the information. This clicking is coming from underneath the car. I can faintly hear it when the windows are rolled up and it gets louder when windows are down. The clicking noise actually starts just when in drive or reverse and the car is not in motion. There is no noise from motor when in neutral or park, it sounds perfectly normal and quiet. The crazy thing is when it is shifted in gear it makes that noise while not in motion. The noise is louder when in drive than reverse and with put on brake and i give it gas, as rpm increase the clicking becomes noticeable faster.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts