The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the axles, wheel bearings, and front struts replaced.. a cpl weeks later, on the freeway at 80mph, the transmission stops shifting. Car sort of bogs down. Cant get any power out of it. If i shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes, its fine again, until the next time. I have recently replaced the battery (new), and alternator (junkyard) due to failure, and i know a similar issue will arise when the electrical current is weak, but what could be causing this? At a loss, and NOT a transmission guy. Fluid level is good, and reasonable in color.

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Have your car diagnosed at a transmission shop or Nissan dealer.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Had the axles, wheel bearings, and front struts replaced.. a cpl weeks later, on the freeway at 80mph, the transmission stops shifting. Car sort of bogs down. Cant get any power out of it. If i shut it off and let it sit for a few minutes, its fine again, until the next time. I have recently replaced the battery (new), and alternator (junkyard) due to failure, and i know a similar issue will arise when the electrical current is weak, but what could be causing this? At a loss, and NOT a transmission guy. Fluid level is good, and reasonable in color.
What year is your car?
What is your mileage? Any transmission service history?
When was the last time CVT fluid was drained and filled?
What is your driving style? Like what percentage is freeway and what percentage is city driving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts