The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my way home today my car developed a hell of a nock. Sounds like when i blew my manual tranny in my wrangler. Its sounds like its coming from the bellhousing. My dad thinks its a loose bolt but i think i may have broken the flex plate. Any other ideas? It gets worse as the the rpms rise and makes a bit of a different noise as they fall, but nothing at idle.
Yeah, the car sees hell just about every day, and for races i ususally wind her up to 1900 w/ my foot on the brake.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
take the TC bolt access hole cover off and see if you have any of the TC bolts lose. if they are good, start the car with the front wheels off the ground. then put it in gear, and have someone take it up to speed to where the sound starts, and see if it is from the housing or not.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
altimate_racer said:
i looked for an acess plate and didnt find one, where is it?
drop the crossmember that the front and rear motor mount is mounted to. once you do that, get under the car, and look at where the thrans mounts to the engine. you will see a small Black piece held on by 2 10mm bolts (about 3" across). take those 2 bolts off, and the access panel comes off. But, if it is the flywheel bolts that are your problem, you will need to pull your trans to do it. if its the TC bolts, you can replace it through that access hole.

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
altimate_racer said:
-i cant get the gd flex plate bolts out. I keep loosening the crank bolt. Any suggestions?
mine where like that too. what I did was spray them with some lubricant rust penetrator, then I got a big ass prybar and pulled hard as hell. my impact gun couldnt even get it lose, it took just brute strength

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
altimate_racer said:
yeah, but what do you use to keep the crank from spinning. Dont they make a tool to put in the teeth for the starter?
put a socket on the crank pulley bolt, and have a big pry bar attached to prevent it from turning

1 - 20 of 43 Posts