The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I accelerate there is a metallic noise that sounds like it is coming from the transmission. When the sound starts and I lift off the accelerator, the sound stops. Also, the transmission slips sometimes when accelerating. Anyone have any idea if this is critical and should be checked out right away or is this "normal" for the car. I know the transmission are terrible for this car. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
When I accelerate there is a metallic noise that sounds like it is coming from the transmission. When the sound starts and I lift off the accelerator, the sound stops. Also, the transmission slips sometimes when accelerating. Anyone have any idea if this is critical and should be checked out right away or is this "normal" for the car. I know the transmission are terrible for this car. Thank you in advance.
I could be wrong, but I think a properly operating transmission is a "critical" component of an automobile.

I have an idea that you need to have this checked out by professionals...unless you like Uber and Lyft.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I could be wrong, but I think a properly operating transmission is a "critical" component of an automobile.

I have an idea that you need to have this checked out by professionals...unless you like Uber and Lyft.
I'm well aware that the transmission is critical. I just trying to figure out if anybody has had this same problem and what came about it. But thank you for your great advice :)

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
I'm well aware that the transmission is critical. I just trying to figure out if anybody has had this same problem and what came about it. But thank you for your great advice :)
A mere 32 pages...and growing...of people who have had problems just like you are having.https://www.nissanclub.com/threads/cvt-replacement-list-5th-gens-only.373161/

·
Registered
1,695 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts