The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Boosted Alty
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Man, automatics suck with this turbo. I just finished searching 10 pages and didn't find what I was looking for. I know someone on this site already swapped their auto for a manual, does anybody know who it was. I need to ask a few questions. Guess this is going to be my next big project for spring/summer of 02. The only reason I'm asking is because I remember seeing a parts list which I would like to have so I can start buying the things I need. Thanks to all who help!

BTW, I love this car too much to sell it and buy one with a 5 speed.

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
Re: Re: Transmission swap

victor said:

... enjoy the loss of your warranty.
are you kidding? I think he lost his warranty when the turbo was put on.

I think a tranny swap is definately necessary and i can see your point of view about not wanting to get a new one, but swap the one ya got.

Sorry i have no info about it, good luck, and keep us posted

·
Parts you need I got!
258 Posts
I gots me a Turbo Automatic Atessa running 10psi low boost and 15psi high boost....I think auto is great for drags because once all the power is at the wheels all iit does is GO GO GO!!! with manual turbo if you drag and miss a gear your stuffed.you not just loss boost but time! Thats why heaps of drag cars that runs big turbos use close ratio Auto gearbox with strengtened shaft and box.

I already asked my mechanic for a swap which is possible using GTiR box but recommend I stick with Auto and he will custom and rebuild my tranny and box to be able to Launch harder than manual cars which he has proven with his Supra Automatic w/modified box....

If you wnat a cheap alternative look for a JDM silvia stall tourqe converter or a Quik shift kit..I had it in my previuos sr20det 180sx
and it rockets and picks up faster than manual cars off the line..and 4th/last gear was adjusted to be longer like 6 speed

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
If you don't have it yet, you need the high-stall convertor.

·
$ make my Engine go Round
487 Posts
yeah It would probably be a boat load to convert it, just get the stall convertor.

I don't know jack about auto tranies, so one question, what is a level 10 tranny?

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
level 10 is a company in jersey i believe that specializes in upgraded and/or race automatic tranny's. they do everything when it comes to them from TC's,VB's, the electronis that control them whatever... they made the one for vinny tens' 8 second supra, we have 2 supra's with their tranny now running 10's. they are killer tranny's and they specialize in japanese cars.
www.levelten.com i believe
maybe www.level10.com

·
$ make my Engine go Round
487 Posts
cool bro nice find, I have been looking for a place that sells performance tranny's and parts.

btw it is www.levelten.com
heh the other is for some sports excellence thing :)

·
master of the 5th speed
55 Posts
Y2KNismo said:
Man, automatics suck with this turbo. I just finished searching 10 pages and didn't find what I was looking for. I know someone on this site already swapped their auto for a manual, does anybody know who it was. I need to ask a few questions. Guess this is going to be my next big project for spring/summer of 02. The only reason I'm asking is because I remember seeing a parts list which I would like to have so I can start buying the things I need. Thanks to all who help!

BTW, I love this car too much to sell it and buy one with a 5 speed.

that would be me. what do u need to know??

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
on a turbo car a built auto is definately the way to go!! You can build boost on the line unlike a 5spd!! That is kinda the same reason my auto w/ nos was consistently quicker than my buddies 5spd with nos (same nitrous kit).. I would just squeeze off the line till I passed the traps...

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
$3200+!!!! That's a boatload!!!:eek:

·
coffee black and egg whit
1,918 Posts
Re: Re: Transmission swap

topnotch till i die said:

that would be me. what do u need to know??
if you could, post a parts list and we should get that shit faq'd...and i do remember you saying that you got stuff that u didnt need, so jsut psot all the necessary parts you needed

·
DRGN4DR
2,128 Posts
AUTOS ARE BEST FOR BOOSTING!!!! the fastest maxima is a auto...a lot of pros are autos...dont do the swap...its a waste of money, especially when boosting....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looking for parts list for auto to 5 spd conversion

Hello,
I'm searching every were and I'm trying to find a parts list for a auto to 5 spd conversion. I just need a list of all the parts needed to pull the swap off. Can someone please help me with this. Yes I know its a lot of work and expensive. I can't get rid of my car though. So getting a car with a 5 spd is not an option. Please help me on this thanks.

·
U13 Drifter
548 Posts
Since i'm going to be doing road racing and autox i too wanna get rid of my gay ass slush box, please if you don't mind write another faq...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts