The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I shift to second gear there is a whining noise and more noticebly when I stay in second gear cruising (not accelerating). This only happens in second gear. It runs seems to be running fine and everything but you can hear definitly hear the whinning noise like the ones old cars have. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,296 Posts
is the car broken in?
Jay

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 3.5 se also does this in second gear, I assume it is just a typical transmission whine like every other manual.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Hehehe .... The whining noise is actually all those CamCord owners whining about how come they spent more money for less ... ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Read my Sig, got the first batch of Altimas. Now about the whinning it still bothers me cuz its ONLY on 2nd gear..

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
23,056 Posts
AutoTranny

02 3.5 SE. Automatic tranny shifts so solft and slips a good deal. Really slows the car down alot. Anyone else having this problem? Is it just mine?

·
Registered
535 Posts
Re: AutoTranny

wild willy said:
02 3.5 SE. Automatic tranny shifts so solft and slips a good deal. Really slows the car down alot. Anyone else having this problem? Is it just mine?
My 3.5 auto shifts nicely, and I haven't heard about problems from any other 3.5 auto so it must be just yours. Perhaps it might have something to do with the loose connector you found under the hood that you mentioned in another post!?

Kevin

·
Registered
179 Posts
My 2000 max se also had this problem, the dealer replaced the solenoids in the transmission and replaced the transmission control module. The transmission worked fine for about another 1.5 years and started to slip again and I opted to get rid of the max for fear warranty expiring and huge service costs. Now I have a 5 speed and I am much happier,no more transmission woes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.