The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I own a 94 Nissan Altima and recently the transmission went out on it. I really run the crap out of the car, so I know why the transmission broke, and I was thinking I would like to take this chance to replace or rebuild the transmission with 240sx parts since I would think a 240sx transmission would be a little more robust than an Altima one. My question is, will a 240sx transmission bolt on to an Altima engine? If so, do you have any idea where I could get a 240sx transmission pricerange? And, if not, do you know of any other transmissions I might be interested in or any other options I might have that would solve my problem?

And please forgive me if this is a stupid question or if this has been asked before. Thank you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey buddy, thanks for the reply.

Well, though I'd like to level 10 it and all, I'm a cheap bastard and I was hoping for a less costly solution :) That's why I was asking about 240sx parts and stuff. If I can't find what I'm looking for though I will definitely do that, it would be nice to have a tranny that doesn't make a grinding sound everytime I shift :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Crap, I don't know what I was thinking. I knew the 240sx was rear wheel drive, but I was thinking that was just the driveshaft or something. Well cool thanks guys, I probably will level 10 it or something then, let me go take that emergency money out of the bank :(

·
Banned
1,392 Posts
i dont know about stronger..but after i f$cked my auto tranny..i had it replaced with a lsd equipped tranny..since i have a gxe which didnt come standard with it..can tell a little difference in the "pull" of the car

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
mrdeucie said:
I think some of the parts from a maxima tranny might be swappable.
how about all parts from 92-94 SE 5sp maximas? They are the same model #. Don't forget to get LSD. A 1st gen Altima or 92-94 SE Maxima is your cheapest solution...skip the LSD cuz they're rare to find.
Jae

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
mrdeucie said:

i'm pretty sure that the valve bodies from the 4th gen maxes are the same as the 1st and 2nd gen valve bodies.
wow, I didn't know that. Cool!
Jae

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.