The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some fools tried to steal my car!!! they did not get it because of my alarm but I do need some input on how to better secure my vehicle besides having an alarm.

94 GXE

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
your alarm didnt stop them from getting in,they just didnt know what they were doing.a prolock will stop an amatuer

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
i could steal ur car in 5 min

not that i would to much bad karma

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
417 Posts
good idea victor!!!! Lol, I wonder why i didnt think of that....

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
thats why im not the average thief

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
always keep your car in a locked garage

or

throw in a racing steering wheel and then get the kit that allows you to take the steering wheel off for added security

or

you could also get a battery shut off switch that you can turn on/off with a key

or

put in a kill switch, making you have to switch something on before your ignition will work

or

fuel pump shut off

or

the club for your brake, where it keeps the brake pushed down with some sort of a locking mechanism

or

a shifter lock (assuming you have manual) it will lock the tranny in any gear you want it to be in...

or

they have this GPS system that you can put in your car.. then you put software on your computer and you can track your car yourself...

but I mean, come on now.. if someone wants to steal your car... they are going to do it... the best bet for you would be to put a lowjack if you really are parinoid about it...

·
Registered
18 Posts
but who wants an altima that don't run, when im sure there is somethin better 20 feet away

·
10,373 Posts
mrdeucie said:
unless they happen to have a flatbed with them.
Exactly. My uncles lexus got stolen 3 years ago in brooklyn right out of his driveway. He said he heard a truck around 3 or 4 in the morning, but thought it was a garabage truck or something. Never heard the alarm or anything. He said they must have had a flatbed or tow truck and they just took it.

And i thought the average car thief was around 1 min. 30 seconds. :confused:

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
Chris said:
Exactly. My uncles lexus got stolen 3 years ago in brooklyn right out of his driveway. He said he heard a truck around 3 or 4 in the morning, but thought it was a garabage truck or something. Never heard the alarm or anything. He said they must have had a flatbed or tow truck and they just took it.

And i thought the average car thief was around 1 min. 30 seconds. :confused:
that sucks. No one around here steals altimas, LOL. Most stolen car is an accord.

·
Torqueless wonder...
737 Posts
dunno why someone wants to steal a alty... are you parked in a nice/rich neighborhood filled with bimmers, lexuses, and benzs???

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Any car can be stolen with persistance....

My co-worker's neighbor got his Pontiac Grand Prix stolen. It had an alarm, the club, the mutlilock transmission lock, and this and that shit.... It was parallel parked and wedged between 2 cars.

The guys who took it used oil and a flatbed tow truck. They poured oil onto the tires and the street. They were able to push the car side ways out of the parking spot on the oil slick, and drag it onto the flatbed!!! :eek:

·
they call me the butcher
1,975 Posts
they must have really wanted the car

·
I hate my Altima.
430 Posts
I always wanted to know how to steal a car. I would never steal a car. Is it as easy as people say it is?

·
Registered
517 Posts
People who steal cars steal them for the parts. Who would want a stolen altima, I don't even want mine. Think of all the altimas you see everyday, people have to be banging them up left and right. If a chop shop gets an order for altima parts then they will steal one. No one takes an altima for a joy ride like you would a fast car.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts