The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there other people having problems with their trunk door having an alignment problem. The left side having a noticable gap than the right side of the trucnk door. I brought it to the dealer to have it fixed but they only adjusted the latch to compensate for the misalignment so it can close properly. This is really irritating me :angry2: They have stated that this is common to all the Altima cars ...what kind of @#@$ is that !!! The dealer even stated that this can not be fixed and I must call Nissan to complain about it.
Does anyone have the same problems: Trunk door gap not even and hard to close....???
I am calling Nissan to see what they can do....

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I didn't notice it @ the dealership when I was looking at them.
I know the 2k maximas had a problem where the trunk lid was scraping the bumper a lil. They had a TSB for it so many got theirs fixed pretty easily.
Jay

·
Registered
4 Posts
hard shutting trunk?

My gaps are perfect around the trunk lid, as are the gaps on the whole car. My trunk was a bit tough to get shut, until I figured it out. I think its cuz its so light from being made of aluminum, it just needs a little differnent techniques. I keep my hand on the trunk lid and close it with a fast push. Doesn't need to be overly hard, just brisk and speedy. My hood was not great at latching until I learned to drop it from a couple feet up , so it got some velocity built up. Neither needs a lot of force, just a bit of speed to make up for the lightness. I got 300 miles on my Alt, and damn, it is such a sweet ride.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
I was a bodyman for years. With trunklids hinged like the altima's, an even shift to either side is most easily adjusted for by simply tweaking the trunklid in the direction you want it to go. The hinges will flex and then bend slightly. Use gradually more force as it doesn't take too much. Push straight to the side with deck lid open and test fit after each adjustment. You may need to recenter the latch also.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for comments

with further inspection of the trunk from the inside...I saw something that I might do myself to adjust this trunk to shift to the right a bit and might just do the trick. I saw the bolts that held the trunk lid to the hinge and it looks like the holes is a little bigger than the bolts. I can loosen the bolts a little and maybe shift it towards the right side...I'll let you know what happoens.

·
X-Mod
1,585 Posts
You can but then you are starting from scratch if it slips. It tends to slip to the bottom of the slots. If you do it this way draw circles around the washers before you loosen it. Do one side at a time, the hinges flex this much.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts