The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
(no im not a female)
748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive solved most of the rattles in my trunk I just found where the biggest/most annoying one is comming from. The trunk lid vibrates up and down. I became most aware of that today. So I went to the back and pushed down on the trunk lid and I didnt hear the rattle anymore.

Now I was thinking if I could somehow create a better seal/something for the lid to hit besides the metal bottom that would help it amlost 100%. Tommorrow im going to try to get some carpet padding and lay it in the trunk divits where they seal when the trunk is closed. by doing this im thinking I can get rid of most of the annoying rattle.

What are some of the way you guys with alot better subs than mine stopped that rattling of the trunk lid??? Ive got mine sealed already with peal and seal but the bouncing of the trunk is the problem

·
Registered
28 Posts
mine rattled so bad that it broke broke the latch and now I can't open it from inside the car, I have to get out and use the key. the front corners of the lid are the worst. I'm gonna find some way to put some straps from the floor of the trunk up through the lid and use a hood pin type thing to hold it down.

it does this with my 2 alpine 10s I'm about to swap over to 3 elemental design 12s and a hifonics brutus 1500 so I need to solve it soon.

If anyone comes up with a good solution PLEASE POST....

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
i used straps to try and hold the lid down, didnt do shit. actually made the rattles worse.

·
Registered
28 Posts
you ran them from the floor, straight up through holes drilled in the lid? I figured something that would keep tension on it, pulling down pretty hard would hold it tight against the seals. hmmmm

·
You'd lose.
4,937 Posts
no, from the trunk access hole to the trunk lid arms. but then again, when i turn the system up, my windshield flexes. probably work for you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
hehe.... soon,,,, sooon I will be flexing mine... 3 12's and a brutus 1500 should do the trick. I'm designing the box now, and I'm gonna try to find some way to incorperate a strap or something into it to hold the trunk down.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts