The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Proud owner of an 06 SE-R
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, whats all this stuff about the trunk lock on the 2nd Gen... like a switch that will disable the inside trunk release lever? Is this true and where is it at?... Details please if anyone can help! Thx ppls!

·
Evil Member
1,909 Posts
i think u mean the pop-trunk, mine came with one so i dont have to use my key or the lever inside, if im wrong sorry, i never heard of a trunk lock thing, i thought when u closed ur trunk its locked lol:D r u locked our? j/w not trying to sound like a smartazz

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
NR3000-

The 98-99 did not come w/ that feature. The only way to pop the trunk w/ out a key is the lever by the driver door. He wants to know how to diable it, so thugs won't steal his nice stereo sh!t.

·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually i dont think i made my post clear...

Its some switch i heard about thats supposed to be near the trunks lock or something, it disables the release lever inside so the trunk can only be opened with the key. Does that make any better sense? Th.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,813 Posts
I have a two gen and I cant find no disable switch for the trunk release lever.Might be a 1st gen thing.

On my old 94 probe I just disconnected the cable.It was easy.I tried looking for the cable on teh Altima but I will search more tomorrow and prolly just unhook the cable.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,799 Posts
i have a little lever that has a black rubber cap on it.. but it won't ever move.. and my manual (NSM) doesn't show it has a diable lock feature.

don't matter anyways cuz folks can go thru the back seat...

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
"don't matter anyways cuz folks can go thru the back seat..."

But my box will not fit through the opening.

·
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Anyone else have any clue?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
I have that feature on my car. Like he said.. so no one can go inside and pull the lever. There is a lil latch that moves up and down. Its not on the trunk itself but on the car where the Trunk closes/locks onto. I forgot which will disable it.. but if you move something and it goes up or down.. then thats it. sorry i dont know how to explain it.

·
Registered
245 Posts
i don't know about the other model but my 2001 gxe lacks this feature. I believe it's because it is motorized (can be opened with FOB). For those with 2nd gens and have this feature, can u open your trunk automatically (w\FOB)?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.