The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I hit the trunk release it only unlocks the trunk, I have to open it manually by hand. I looked and it has the same tension rod set up my SHO did. When I hit the trunk release in the SHO it would pop right open all the way. Try your trunk release and let me know what happens! Also protect your carpets the rods on mine were so heavily greased grease was ready to drop into my trunk. Check yours and save your trunk carpets.

·
Registered
460 Posts
The absense of prop up arm is a cost saving practice. You won't find it on any new Japanese car (excpet may be a few high $ Lexus). TL, Accord, Civic, Corolla all don't have one since 96.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Trunk release is a feature?

I was told by my sales rep (I know, can't trust 'em...) that
the trunk release was a feature - the trunk lid is balanced
so that you could put the trunk lid in any position and it
will stay there. Other trunk lids will swing all the way up.

I think I'd prefer the trunk lid to go up...

G

·
My trunk release pops it open about 10inches from the closed position. I haven't tried with the key but from the inside release and the remote, this is how it appears to work

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
i most trunks it doesnt pop open because the suction from the trunk

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would rather have it pop up a few inches and then i lift if open the rest of the way. I would say that it doesn't have to do with the release or the cable......probably more like the hinges.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Trunk release is a feature?

bbk3e said:
I was told by my sales rep (I know, can't trust 'em...) that
the trunk release was a feature - the trunk lid is balanced
so that you could put the trunk lid in any position and it
will stay there. Other trunk lids will swing all the way up.

I think I'd prefer the trunk lid to go up...
This is true.

My at first popped all the way open, but now it opens halfway. Well, sometimes it opens all the way.

The aluminum trunk is lighter than steel so it seems to open more freely than say the Maxima.

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Also depends on if you have the spoiler on there. My '94 Altima trunk popped way up until I put the OWM spoiler on there and then it only opened a couple inches.

·
*Honorary Member* the dream!!!
84 Posts
MINE DOESN'T OPEN ALL THE WAY AND THAT'S THE WAY i LIKE IT!!!

·
Registered
460 Posts
Creature said:
Also depends on if you have the spoiler on there. My '94 Altima trunk popped way up until I put the OWM spoiler on there and then it only opened a couple inches.
With the spoiler, the installer should've re-adjust the tension rods to give it more of a spring.

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
Xtrema said:

With the spoiler, the installer should've re-adjust the tension rods to give it more of a spring.
Maybe, maybe not ... both my '96 and '00 SE's with spoiler standard from the factory pop only a couple inches too, just like the '94 did after the spoiler got put on (by the Nissan dealer).

That's okay though, I prefer it that way, except in the rare case where I have my arms loaded with heavy shit, but usually in that case I can't get to the remote in my pocket without dropping it all anyway. :D

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mines pops up about a foot or so.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts