The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BITCH!!!!! maybe its the 2 12" dimond plates and the 800 what amp..... :) in any event, is there a quick cheap remody for this besides buying that tac stuff or that expanding foeam, ive heard rumors that the foam can pontataly warp shit in the trunk and taht sounds no frigin good.

any ideas?

·
Registered
3,885 Posts
The most effective thing I did was to wrap the trunk latch with elecrical tape.. give that a try..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think its the latch, the latch is brand new and dosent budge at all, the lisance plate makes some noice (only have 2 screws on it right now) but i thin it sthe 2 individual plate knocking on the trunk lid

·
Girl-Moderator
1,395 Posts
We put some foam on the back of the plate, stuck it with some caulk, and then screwed it back on. No rattles from the plate at all.

·
was up
2,503 Posts
man ive done all kinds of stuff for my trunk lid and still it rattles. i put dynamat all over it, filled in the metal "skeleton" with the expandable foam crap and carpeted the lid as well. the trunk shuts so solid but once it starts bumpin it rattles like hell. i dont know what else to do. the bumper rattles some as well...i dont know what to do, anyone stop their trunk from rattling?
and the interior isnt even worth talkin about, i think the alty is a big rattling machine

G

·
Check your rear deck. 75% of my rattle was in the rear deck not the trunk lid. We had to glue the rear vents back in, and then we used the expanding foam under it. No more rattles. It did plug off the rear vents... so I have no more ventilation back there. Oh well... its just air going out anyways. Also look at your head liner... where the headliner meets the rear window on the top moves like a bitch. My whole roof flexes 1/4" with the system cranked and the windows closed. Not to mention my sunroof. I did however figure out what was wrong with my trunk pull lever... somehow it had gotten manual disabled by flipping it down when we were screwing with the trunk lid after we fucked it up with the expanding foam.

Demmy

·
was up
2,503 Posts
howd u stop the roof panel from rattling? mine rattles up front, so does my mirror but i cant do anything about that except rip it off. for the rear deck i put some scrap carpeting all under it and that stopped the rattling but it still rattles with the back window.

ive heard about people moving the trunk lock to where it shuts a lot tighter. wheres the screw or whatever to be able to move it? on the top part or on the bottom?

lates

·
Registered
45 Posts
heres what I did to kill 99 of my rattle. First go to auto zone and spray the trunk lid with ruber undercoating. Buy a dnamat trunk kit off ebay. Use carpet to fill in the metal skelaton on the trunk lid then aply hte dmat kit. Spray the floor of the trunk with the rubber undercoating over the Dmat. Im gonna put another layer of xtreme on my trunk lid. Take all the excess mat and put it undr on the inside of the bumper....use alot. Now go to lowes and buy weather striping. Ge the dense kind put top layers of that where the trunk lid meets the bumper. Put Dmat on theabck of the liscene plate and on the insed of the fuel door. To stop the rear view from ratlling just push some fabric up into the sitch thingy. This will stop it from rattling. I killed almost all my rattle for under 100 bucks. Have fun. Be sue to cover ur car well before using the undercoating. and dont pay more than 70 bucks fr ur trunk kit. Later.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts