The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 02 2.5s altima and when I got it the trunk release on the driver door was not working. I can unlock it with the key just fine but when I pull the release nothing happens. I installed new speakers awhile ago and while I had the door off I got a voltmeter and checked the wire for the trunk release and it was getting pretty low power (analog reader and it barely moved the needle) and just to be sure I checked other things too like the windows and those were getting full power. Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this or what the problem may be? Could it be a fuse? Its getting to be a pain in the ass to have to shut the car off to open the trunk so Id like to get this fixed

·
antispider
681 Posts
I know this is going to sound pretty basic and hopefully you checked. Just in case you didn't, check the button in the glove box area and make sure that it isn't set to locked.

·
SilverBlack Guerrilla
881 Posts
^+1

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow I feel stupid lol. Yea it was just that switch in the glove box. Ive read that before and I coulda sworn I tried that already but I guess not. That fixed it I appreciate the help guys

·
Registered
167 Posts
looks like ill have to check the same because i just took off the panel and the same problem occurs but it works with the button on the key ring

·
Registered
5 Posts
When I bought my car the dealer said the trunk release button on the door was broken and you had to use the fob or key. After playing around with the car for a day I found that button and low and behold the trunk release now works. I guess he doesnt get a lot of Nissans on his lot...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Seems like not a real bright bunch this lot.. seems like common sense went the way of the dodo bird when phart smones came out

1 - 9 of 9 Posts