The Nissan Club banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to install an aftermarket pioneer radio into my 2002 Nissan Altima, but there is no sound. I bought an interface to hook up to the amp, it’s the PAC Oem-1 system interface. I thought I hooked up all the wires, but there is no sound unless I crank it to 62 volume and even then it’s not audible. What do I do?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
I assume you had the BOSE system since you refer to what sounds like the 'stock' amplifier. You should know that the amp requires +12V applied to the AMP_ON signal wire to 'wake it up'...make sure you aren't set at '62' when you do that :)

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
7,021 Posts
Since your next question is probably where's the %$#@[email protected] AMP_ON wire, then I advise you to:

1. click on Show Full Signature Below
2. click on Altima FSMs
3. select the 2002 folder, and then grab a copy of AV.PDF.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I assume you had the BOSE system since you refer to what sounds like the 'stock' amplifier. You should know that the amp requires +12V applied to the AMP_ON signal wire to 'wake it up'...make sure you aren't set at '62' when you do that :)
Thank you so much, turns out I just didn’t have the right harness and it wasn’t grounded good haha.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts