The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I only have 1500-2000 to put down and I can only afford to pay 180-195 a month. Is it possible for me to lease a Altima 2.5s.

I wanna put 1500-2000 down and pay 189 a month for 48 months on an Auto 2.5S altima. Is this possible?

Im only 18, and Im still looking at other cars but I like the altima the best. Any other ppl around 18 here driving an altima? Cuz a lot of ppl think its for old ppl but I like it for some reason. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also i need help on what color to get. I cant decide between black or silver. I need the good and bad of each color. :D

·
Registered
71 Posts
here you go

an 03 altima 2.5S with 5 speed,air and cd will run $19039 plus tax etc.To lease this car with 1800 down will be about $241 and to buy it would be 316.IF you lease donot put any more money down just to loer the payment.
I would get silver over black due to cleaning and garage concerns.
Maybe you need to find a used 02 for sale by owner to achieve your goal.Don't forget insurance ,taxes,licensing and gas at 1.65 a gallon.You have many years ahead to get a new car.Dont get in a bind where you are working just to pay for a ride. Good Luck

·
Registered
256 Posts
i would take black over silver, it stand out more in the crowd, and the chrome stand out more on the black then the silver, and its just the nicest colour available for the alti.

·
Registered
71 Posts
shefx said:
i would take black over silver, it stand out more in the crowd, and the chrome stand out more on the black then the silver, and its just the nicest colour available for the alti.
this is true.however not many 18 year olds have a garage to house their black car in.black demands a garage to protect and for cleaning it.

·
Registered
80 Posts
In Maine you can buy a 2.5S for $16,899 before tax, title, and doc fees. With $2000 down your financing $14,899 + fees. That would be some where around $250 to $275 a month. You can also lease the same car for $212/mo w/ $1000 down, 12k/year for 60 months with a lease end value of $7802. In this case it would make much more sense to buy the car because the total of payments on the lease would only be about $2,000 less over the 5 years. If you want to buy the car at lease end you would still have pay $7,802 for it. So you would end up paying $12,766 in lease payments and then another $7,802 to buy it in the end. That is $20,568 for a $16,899 car.

·
Registered
81 Posts
well im 18, um $400 a month 0 down for a 2002 when it was brand new $20000 out the door. now i regret kinda that i didnt buy a 3.5, i can afford the gas. btw this is not a lease either.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i think 2000 down and 205 a month for a 48 month lease is reasonable, but the dealership is quoting 298 a month for that $19500 2.5s.

Who the hell would put 2000 down and lease a 19k car for 300 a month for 4 years. Their nuts.

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
I'm paying 225 a month for my lease. Its four years. I plan on buyng things for it and moddind it too. I also plan on buying it afterwards. To buy at the end of term is 6200. I got a sweet deal, but wish I had enough to get a 3.5 instead. Oh well, such is life. You take what you can get, and dream about the things you want.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BSU_Altima said:
I'm paying 225 a month for my lease. Its four years. I plan on buyng things for it and moddind it too. I also plan on buying it afterwards. To buy at the end of term is 6200. I got a sweet deal, but wish I had enough to get a 3.5 instead. Oh well, such is life. You take what you can get, and dream about the things you want.
Hey 225 doesnt sound too bad for a 4yr lease. Please tell me all the info like down payment, total drive off, and how much haggling it took. Thanks

·
Cub Fan, Bud Man...
310 Posts
I didn't have to haggle. It was a special my dealership back home was running at the time. $1000 down. No security deposit. It was a sweet deal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BSU_Altima said:
I didn't have to haggle. It was a special my dealership back home was running at the time. $1000 down. No security deposit. It was a sweet deal.
damn thats a good deal what dealership was this and what options are on your 2.5s. So all your payments and stuff add up to 18000 for the car? Is that 225 monthly including tax?

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,269 Posts
Any more than 1st months payment is too much down on a lease...You may as well send me the money...cause in the end you still end up with nothing....but a drained account

·
Smoked Out
2,551 Posts
When I was your age...just a few years back I got a older car(1996) and paid that down and when I turned 22 I established myself and put myself in a position to buy a new car paying $400 a month. I know it's hard, but use you mind and not your heart. I don't know what kind of money you make, but if you can only afford 185+ a mon. you're looking into the wrong car right now. Pick up a 2000 something, roll it for a few years, then get whatever the hell is tight in a few years.JMO, Good luck!

·
Registered
3,296 Posts
misterciv said:
Hi I only have 1500-2000 to put down and I can only afford to pay 180-195 a month. Is it possible for me to lease a Altima 2.5s.

I wanna put 1500-2000 down and pay 189 a month for 48 months on an Auto 2.5S altima. Is this possible?

Im only 18, and Im still looking at other cars but I like the altima the best. Any other ppl around 18 here driving an altima? Cuz a lot of ppl think its for old ppl but I like it for some reason. :)
It's nice to buy or lease a new car if you can afford it! My suggestion to you is to buy something you can pay cash for right now. In your case you got $1500-$2000, so buy a used car for that price! It would be financially beneficial since you won't have no monthly payments and your insurance won't be that high. Save your money and buy it in cash!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Never mind guys I got my deal already. 1500 total drive off and 200.00 a month for a 48 month lease. On a brand new 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5s Auto in Silver.

·
Registered
34 Posts
misterciv said:
Never mind guys I got my deal already. 1500 total drive off and 200.00 a month for a 48 month lease. On a brand new 2003 Nissan Altima 2.5s Auto in Silver.
What's the residual, what's your mileage allowance and how much per mile will they charge above the mileage limit?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts