Nissan Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey how do I go about doing this? I got the information from teh faq but it is pretty ambiguous. I first, took-off the plastic panel to the right of the accelerator and behind it was the ECU I think! Then, I turned the car to ON and saw a red light go on. Then, the instructions said to turn a flat-head screw except I didn't see a flat head screw. Am I doing something wrong? Are there any other ways of resetting the ECU. Thanks

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
18,041 Posts
did you look on the side of the ECU or just assumed since non was on the top, that's it?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a 1994 GXE, I hope that doesn't have anything to do with it... Also, does anyone know where that screw is in terms of whether it is one the left side of the ECU or the right side? Are there any other ways of resetting the ECU??

·
Registered
66 Posts
The flat head screw should be closer to the front end of the car after you take of the plastic hinge next to the accelerator.

I also had doubts about the instructions in the FAQ especially on the resetting part. I followed the Haynes manual way of doing it and I think it's correct. Basically, the only difference is that you don't have to start the car when resetting it.

So what I did was I took the plastic hinge off. Turn the ignition to ON. Turn it clockwise until it won't go (do not force it). Wait 5 sec. Then turn it counter-clockwise until it won't go again. Then I saw the codes in the form of fast and slow blinking. Then to reset I just turned it clockwise again while the ignition is ON until it won't turn anymore. Wait 5 sec. Then counter-clockwise until it won't go again. Done. *Make sure the screw is in a fully counter-clockwise position before starting the car.

Start the car and the RPMs should start up high and eventually settle down.

Works for me. Good luck.

- ninety4

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
6 Participants
ninety4
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing