The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

Been a long time since I've posted on here, I've generally been active on the facebook group "Nissan Altima SE-R Owners".
Anyways couple months ago I got the car back in the states, it spent over 7 years in Europe.
Basically did just about everything you can do to it, and put down some good numbers Id say, all mods are in the beginning of the video.

Not sure if it matters for numbers but it was humid that day and 77 degrees here in Florida.

Car has 48k miles

https://www.facebook.com/ruzhdi89/videos/vb.100009718721997/230290287304927/?type=2&theater

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Novice Grease Monkey
221 Posts
Sounds so mean! I love the two step. Spitting some flames too I see.

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds so mean! I love the two step. Spitting some flames too I see.
Thanks, yeah it's a lot more fun now with the power jump. I like the fact that it looks completely stock besides the lowering but surprises people what it can do

·
Altimer
824 Posts
Wow. Sounds loud.

Sounds like you've had the rev limiter increased. What gear were the pulls in?

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow. Sounds loud.

Sounds like you've had the rev limiter increased. What gear were the pulls in?
You're right, rev limit is set to 7,200 cause it kept making power past 6,600 (stock limiter) on stock tune it started falling off at 5700, it's a top end monster now haha.
All pulls in 4th gear

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Would love a part list from you

Would love to get a part list from you to compare.

But what I am really really looking in getting info from you about is your exhaust setup. Like the name of mufflers you used and the size to double out the back exhaust you got. Also what kind of fuel injectors you are running with that 4" intake of yours, because I want to do both this summer to my SE-R.

No I did not have facebook or ever well.

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

But what I am really really looking in getting info from you about is your exhaust setup. Like the name of mufflers you used and the size to double out the back exhaust you got. Also what kind of fuel injectors you are running with that 4" intake of yours, because I want to do both this summer to my SE-R.

No problem, this is why I made this video haha. All the parts are in the beginning, let me know if you have any additional questions.
Injectors are stock

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9U3kpEZoxc

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Sizes and makes

Who makes "SRS headers and y-pipe" and also "BRM Exhaust". Plus what are the sizes at each stage from the headers back ( y-pipe, b-pipe and mufflers ).

Also why the stock "Injectors" with an 4" intake?

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Who makes "SRS headers and y-pipe" and also "BRM Exhaust". Plus what are the sizes at each stage from the headers back ( y-pipe, b-pipe and mufflers ).

Also why the stock "Injectors" with an 4" intake?
SRS is ebay, BRM does custom exhausts If I'm not mistaken they use magnaflow mufflers, the exhaust is a full 2.5".

Why would I need to upgrade injectors for a 4" intake ?

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Just things I have heard

What do you mean "the exhaust is a full 2.5? Do you mean a true duel exhaust from the headers back to two magnaflow mufflers. I truly want to see pictures of that.

People have run 4" intakes with the original 300cc injectors before, but that takes them to over 90% duty cycle, which begins to degrade the control of the injectors over the spray pattern and delivery. Not good on a tuned motor. Bumping to 335cc injectors from the HR should reduce the duty cycle back into the 80-90% range, which is well within reason.

COLTIN2005SE-R said:
I purchased the 4" I take from him and last night me and buddy attempted to Install the 4" Intake, Apexi Neo, and AEM UEGO Wideband A/F gauge. Install went smoothly the Neo works great and everything else was a breeze as well. However when we tried to tune my car using the Apexi my car was running CRaZY LEAN, so I called Doug. After several calls andante changed setting Doug, my buddy, and myself(mainly Doug lol) came to the conclusion my Fuel Injectors were maxing out and not able to keep up with the massive amounts of air coming in from the 4" Intake. Sooooo before you install one of these intakes please make sure you have UPGRADED YOUR INJECTORS or you will be very disappointed(car will not run properly/dangerously lean). Good news I was able to tune the car running my Fujita 3" intake Nd it's running stronger than before the Apexi Neo.
Yes it is hit and miss some people have been able to tune without Injectors and some haven't. But the man himself who makes these intake says its 50/50 shot and that its best to go ahead upgrade Injectors. Are you running a 4" Intake on an SE-R? Maxima have had better luck with the 4" . But saying it's impossible I'm just saying hey you may wanna upgrade Injectors.

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What do you mean "the exhaust is a full 2.5? Do you mean a true duel exhaust from the headers back to two magnaflow mufflers. I truly want to see pictures of that.

People have run 4" intakes with the original 300cc injectors before, but that takes them to over 90% duty cycle, which begins to degrade the control of the injectors over the spray pattern and delivery. Not good on a tuned motor. Bumping to 335cc injectors from the HR should reduce the duty cycle back into the 80-90% range, which is well within reason.

COLTIN2005SE-R said:
I purchased the 4" I take from him and last night me and buddy attempted to Install the 4" Intake, Apexi Neo, and AEM UEGO Wideband A/F gauge. Install went smoothly the Neo works great and everything else was a breeze as well. However when we tried to tune my car using the Apexi my car was running CRaZY LEAN, so I called Doug. After several calls andante changed setting Doug, my buddy, and myself(mainly Doug lol) came to the conclusion my Fuel Injectors were maxing out and not able to keep up with the massive amounts of air coming in from the 4" Intake. Sooooo before you install one of these intakes please make sure you have UPGRADED YOUR INJECTORS or you will be very disappointed(car will not run properly/dangerously lean). Good news I was able to tune the car running my Fujita 3" intake Nd it's running stronger than before the Apexi Neo.
Yes it is hit and miss some people have been able to tune without Injectors and some haven't. But the man himself who makes these intake says its 50/50 shot and that its best to go ahead upgrade Injectors. Are you running a 4" Intake on an SE-R? Maxima have had better luck with the 4" . But saying it's impossible I'm just saying hey you may wanna upgrade Injectors.

That's interesting because the injectors on my car didn't go anymore than 82-85% max we checked all that or maybe because the car has 50k miles on it that may have helped too. I installed the 75mm throttle body and 4" intake after we strapped it on the dyno otherwise the car wouldn't run as you know already. It's been a while since I've used forums for photos is there an easier way now days to where i can just attach a photo ?

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This should work

·
TEAM TORQUE STEER!!!
149 Posts
Wow, very nice sir, you car sounds awesome!! thanks for sharing!!

·
Super Black 6 Speed
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Mackdaddy
83 Posts
SRS is ebay, BRM does custom exhausts If I'm not mistaken they use magnaflow mufflers, the exhaust is a full 2.5".

Why would I need to upgrade injectors for a 4" intake ?
I also have the BRM catback exhaust but it's 3 inches all the way back to the split and then it's 2.5 inches to each muffler.

·
Mackdaddy
83 Posts

Ruzhdi (OP) is in the minority with not having to change out his injectors. Most folks usually opt and have to upgrade theirs. One of the most popular replacement ones are the factory WRX 440cc injectors.

·
Mackdaddy
83 Posts
Here's a couple of pics with measurements.

·
Premium Member
445 Posts
Light blue 2002 WRX 440cc injectors

They're light blue 2002 WRX 440cc injectors. If that helps even more.:smile

1 - 20 of 71 Posts