The Nissan Club banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
dismember
9,326 Posts
the ka is a weak motor, they are already pushin the limits with just turbo or just the nos. u wouldnt get very far when u put both of them together.

·
Cube Farmer
1,671 Posts
You can run nitrous (in small amounts) and you can run a turbo, but your looking at quite a bit of cash for a small turbo and the nitrous does wear your engine... Dont push it if the car has over 100K or more on it. The block and head can handle the pressure but the pistons can have problems handling the heat with nitrous if your not really careful... Your crazy if you want to do both unless you upgrade the internals of the engine (cost estimated over $8000 for internals upgrade).

·
Registered
11,482 Posts
you can use the nitrous to set up the boost for the turbo...

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im not worried about the price. My friend owns a motor company that specializes in all that upgrading shit. Like I said, I dont care about the work because it wont cost me jack, but can I get both? I just dont want to exploe the interior components of the car even with the upgrades. It seems like a lot of stress.

·
ASE certified wiseass
174 Posts
Actually...

Nitrous is a great adder for a turbo system if it is setup correctly.

Nitrous is natrually very cold when released and will cool the compressed intake charge very well. If you setup your car for the maximum drivability plus power, you would want a fully automatic system with the nitrous coming on strong in the low rpms and the big turbo spooling up at the mid to high rpms. You would gain at every area of the torque curve. I have seen cars like this, they are mad fast. The upgrades aren't going to be engine internal only, you will need a full 4 jet dry fogger system, a smart controller for that system, fuel pump and regulator control, bigger injectors, plus all the required turbo crap. I wouldn't worry about 50shot, 75 shot, or 100 shot. You need a proportional controlled setup which can range from 10HP to 100HP depending on throttle position, boost and other things. It could be quite impressive to drive and deliver smooth power across the band.

The only thing you need to do know is figure out how to make it work.

Good luck,
Randy

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
100,000 miles! NO Nitrous! Thats a load of crap. There are people on this board with over 100k pushing nitrous with no problems. It all depends on how you treat the engine. With regular oil changes and proper maintenance your engine can last for awhile. I got 123,000 and it runs like the day out of the factory. I use valvoline max life oil and it runs great.

·
Cube Farmer
1,671 Posts
NISSANFREAK said:
100,000 miles! NO Nitrous! Thats a load of crap. There are people on this board with over 100k pushing nitrous with no problems. It all depends on how you treat the engine. With regular oil changes and proper maintenance your engine can last for awhile. I got 123,000 and it runs like the day out of the factory. I use valvoline max life oil and it runs great.
Its your engine...not mine. Do with what you like. I am one of those people with over 100K with nitrous, im just saying...be careful, a car with 120K with nitrous is like making a 60 year old man run a mile in 5 mins. It can be done, and safetly, just as long as the old man (or your engine) is in top notch health condition. There is not that many 60 year old men that i know of that can do that though, nor is there many engines that have been completely and properly taken care of their entire lives. Its just a word of warning... IT DOES WEAR YOUR ENGINE PREMATURALLY no matter what anyone says. You should still be able to get 180K out of a KA24DE if you start spraying at 100K IF nothing ever goes lean.

·
Registered
572 Posts
OMG. i highly doubt anyone would instal a turbo and NOS set-up for FREE> hehehe...newbie

·
Die Trying
2,063 Posts
i've seen a few different cars with nitrous and a turbo. It is twice the amount of strain on the engine, but man, if it's set up correctly, HOLY SHIT!!!

You use a small shot of NOS in the low rpms until the turbo spools up, and then let the turbo take over from there. You're not supposed to run both at the same time. The nitrous is just there to help build up the boost faster, then when it's all set to go, watch out!

I've seen an older Supra with this combo as well as the old 300zx. The Z had wheelie bars and shit, i think it ran a LOW 10. The supra was runnin around the same.

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
of course it wont be for free, the LABOR is for free. The parts are at cost and everything else is done by the guy who owns the shop. And i probably wont be paying for anything. I do his printing for the shop, naturally, hell have to repay me. Thanks for your input, member. I appreciate it like chlamydia.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.