The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thats right I said it a turbo kit for the altima for $2200. This can be found at realnissan.com just give them a call if your interested. The kit comes with t3 turbo, turbo manifold, turbo xs bov, wastegate, Fuel management unit, spearco intercooler, oil lines/fittings/vacuum hoses. The only thing you dont get is the intercooler pipping. The downpipe you get goes from turbo down facing towards the ground and then you need to finish the piping to cat on or all the way back by yourself or muffler shop. But still man this is an awsome deal and these people sound like they know what there talkin bout. All they do is work with the Ka motor nothing else so they seem pretty reliable.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wut do you mean? You would rather pay $4000 for fmax or $2200 for realnissan?

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
It depends on what your looking for if you want the high quality turbo kit and have the money then go for the fmax. The kit for $2200 sounds like a good deal but I dont know if the quality is as good as the fmax. Its worth looking into to make camparisons to see which is worth while.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
the real nissan kit comes with a t3 (not to mention a internally wastgated turbo), the f-max kit comes with t3/4b (comes with a very very nice tial 35mm wastegate)... the real nissan kit has a crappy FMIC, the f-max kit has a quality Spearco unit... the real nissan kit has a lot of parts missing (mainly the I/C piping), the F-max kit comes with all the necessary hardware to bolt right up... the maniflod on the real nissan page looks a whole lot worse in efficiency than the f-max(didnt think any could get that worse). F-max comes with 370cc 300ZX TT injectors, the real nissan kit makes you rely on your old (but they do give you a crappy FMU). I can go on and on about the stripped down, extremely basic turbo kit that they have, and how you could spend 1800 bucks less, and then turn around and spend about 500 bucks for all the missing and incomplete parts that the real nissan kit needs to complete the project. or you could spend the money on a better kit that will net you more HP and be completely able to run most of the kit to 500 HP, rather than worrying about the real nissan kit crapping out at probably 300 needing an entirely new kit. I am highly satisfied with the f-max kit, and I advise against the real nissan basic kit. you shouldnt go turbo if you're on a tight budget, and you'll get burned by the problems that this kit is going to produce.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aight man now im listening and I hear you because I realize your a very smart person and plus you have experiance with turbo and the altima so I thank you and I thank you all for your inputs. Also so where is the cheapest place to get the F-MAX kit?

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
I can get it dealer direct... my parts man is the east coast distributer of f-max parts, so basically he buys everything directly from them and have it drop shipped to your addy. if you want his number PM me and I can help you out.

·
what is in a name?
2,731 Posts
carl for prez! carl for prez!!!!!

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
I checked out realnissan it seems kindof risky to go with their kits since they basically a small race team working out of someones garage. They will make the parts for you but I dont know how reliable they are.

J

·
0 Posts
I feel if 200whp is your goal, the realnissan kit is fine. If you want more, dont use the realnissan kit, you will blow your motor from too high of fuel pressures on small injectors.

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
JHU Sam said:
I feel if 200whp is your goal, the realnissan kit is fine. If you want more, dont use the realnissan kit, you will blow your motor from too high of fuel pressures on small injectors.
You have a point there I would probably go with the realnissan with my budget.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Real Nissan offers the same parts...not a real big issue fellas it really has nothing to do with quality whatsoever. They both use the Rev Hard Manifold and so forth...the only difference is that with Real Nissan they do not have the I/C piping like the F-max...but if you want to spend the extra 1500 from f-max than go right ahead...personally I will have mine custom built for 500 (i/c piping)

Real Nissan is a great place to buy parts...tell them what you want and they can get it for you...just let them know what you want and they can do it for you...

I have to be honest and say that spending 4k on the f-max kit is far less hassle but why spend it for the kit when you can build it for less????

1 - 20 of 36 Posts