The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I changed my mind about getting a new car, I want to keep my altima and work with it. I really want to put a turbo in but I have a automatic. I heard from other people that if I put a turbo in a automatic than I would blow the tranny. So what can I do to put in a turbo auto so It won't blow the tranny. I heard of the torque converter and the valve body. Will this help out alot and preventing the turbo from blowing the tranny.

·
many words, few of wisdom
1,214 Posts
did you search, big discussion on forced induction for autos

·
team FSP drifting
1,693 Posts
and my advice...start with the first thread in this forum and work your way down to the last...you'll have more info then you know what to do with...

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cthunder did you do anything to your trann? how about internal work? What was your best time for 1/4 miles? How much are you boosting?

·
Registered
368 Posts
if im not mistaken i think c thunder run's low 12's high 11's he is most likely the fastest 1st gen on the site and he is running some serous boost

·
Registered
368 Posts
talk to him pm or someting but if you look around on this forum i already asked him i think it' under the thread i stared called "tranny" or "question"

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok this is what I've done so far. I have order wiesco low compression ratios piston with total seal rings, and I have order the crower rods and the jwt camshaft. But I wanted to know what to do about the tranny. I called up level ten and they told me that I must get a torque converter and the valve body and I also I have to get their rebuild kit to be able to run turbo safely for the tranny. I prices was CRAZY for what they told me to get. It was like 2100.00 after shipping and than I have to pay for installtions to so I will probably going to cost me another 1000 for installation ans etc. So is there a way that I can save some money with buying all these thing at level ten. Is there someone who carry these things but for a less price. I'm not trying to booost alot. I wan to boost like 6-8 psi for daily driving and about 12-13 max when I'm on the track.

·
clean freak
3,377 Posts
check the general forum for information on the valve body upgrade you were asking about. All your information is there!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts