The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Senior Member: Turbo '94
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I haven't been posting in a while and there are very many of you that have been asking questions about turbos.

Just to update those who do know about my car and to let those people who don't know:

My car is 94 GXE Auto
1.5 years, 25k miles on turbo. 85k miles on original motor and tranny.

Turbo kit is F-Max. The turbo itself is a ball bearing, stage III, T3T4 hybrid. (Ask if you want to know the AR housing and trim specs). JWT turbo ECU.

Motor is COMPLETLY stock, with exception to injectors (300z TT 370cc). Closest thing to internal mods are the spark plugs which are one step colder, gapped a little smaller. And I mean stock, no wires, ignition mods, etc . . .

Mobile 1 Synthetic (5w-30) every 2k.

The system has been running 9-10psi, the car is daily driven. Boost starts at 2 and a 1/4 revs and full boost by 3.5k.

Current 1/4 is mid to low 13s and est. power output is 240-250hp at the flywheel.

The car still runs and idles like stock (until boost is seen). No problems at all with the motor. Changed axles 10k miles ago. Compression check of cylinders are still well within factory spec. Tranny seems to be holding up, 2-3 shift is softer, but hasn't changed for the past 6 months, even after following racing story.

*WARNING, STREET RACING CONTENT*

Came from SD runs last Saturday. Got in about 10 good runs with various hybrid Civics, tuned GS-Rs, turbo NX 2000, Type R Integras, Preludes, a VTEC Prelude motor Accord, all with the Altima about 2 cars or more in front, these runs are about 1/8 mile runs (street racing). My G/F and her sister were in the car with me.

Most memorable race to date was with a S2000, we were doing 120 +, side by side and I started pulling on him on a clear straight stretch of highway. . . .

Tunerguy

·
Young and Stupid
348 Posts
Alright, how much did it cost you to do all of the turbo stuff to your car?
Coolieman

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Nice nice. Glad to hear a turbo story come out clean. Can you contact me Tunerguy? [email protected]. Just got a private question.
Jay

·
BoOsTiN.....
588 Posts
Yo that's phat I've been waiting for someone to turbo out an automatic. Wow I thought we would need more internal work than that to run a safe boost. I was gonna go run out and get my tranny done at level 10 before i go turbo but hey if I'll be ok with the stock tranny at least for awhile i'll be ok.
THANKS ALOT man i've been waiting for this post forever. Before i get it done I'll try to get in touch with u. It won't be for awhile at least till next summer...TOO much $$$$

·
Registered
139 Posts
ALtImAtUmNY said:
Yo that's phat I've been waiting for someone to turbo out an automatic. Wow I thought we would need more internal work than that to run a safe boost. I was gonna go run out and get my tranny done at level 10 before i go turbo but hey if I'll be ok with the stock tranny at least for awhile i'll be ok.
THANKS ALOT man i've been waiting for this post forever. Before i get it done I'll try to get in touch with u. It won't be for awhile at least till next summer...TOO much $$$$

Umm . . . a "flywheel" denotes that he has a 5sp not auto. However a guy by the name of Kevin Tan was Featured in Sport Compact Car awhile back with a turbo automatic Alty

·
BoOsTiN.....
588 Posts
oops i read "My 94 gxe auto" thats y i Thought it was aan automatic. And I took at the 240-250 hp at the flywheel to be the power at the crank. Well anyway I'd be interested to see the article if any one can tell me which magazine and which issue I would appreciate it. Thanks guys

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
5,783 Posts
the turbo

Hey man how long did it take you to tune up the turbo? And does anyone know if anyone has a turbo on a second gen altima??? And to the guy who wanted to get the turbo stock...i'd still wait to get performance parts just in case, it'd be a bitch to blow your engine or have it melt down on you. I know a guy with a turbo and he said he blew 3 of them before he got the right specks on his eclipse. His eclipse is FAST. He's got the computer to help get his horsepower maxed out. He told me he kept up with a turbo porsche 911 from 85-115mph. A F'KN turbo 911!!! HOLY SHNIKES!!!! Now he is my hero...only if it were an altima...*sigh*. Anyways, what would you guys reccoment? Turbo or nitrous? I heard nitrous is cheaper and alot easier to use. Because it takes a long time to tune up your turbo to get MAX horsepower out of it. I was told my the eclipse guy that he spend all day runnin up and down one street getting it right. And what kinda parts would you need brand new to run nitrous? I want my car fast. I wanna give that eclipse a run for it's money....>=)

·
Resistance is futile
1,713 Posts
Tunerguy said:
Yes, That is "flywheel" estimated. Its an auto, an yes autos have torque convertors, but for explanation sake, flywheel horsepower is the power the motor itself makes.

Tunerguy
You could've said "brake horsepower" and confused even MOR people! :D

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.