The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damnit this is so annoying, wtf is up with the turbo, everyone was on the edge of their chairs waiting for this, and its like we never get any news. WTF can we atleast get a freaken video, or a race story, or a track run, I don't think that is so much to ask seeing how they are asking for 6000$ for their product. It just kind of dropped off the earth. What happened to the superchargers, and the other turbo developers, all talk. All we have is Guerro that never post any news.

So for this thread, all the people wondering wtf is going on, and for all the developers, or people making them, or thinking about makeing them, post in this thread, there is business, here, but dam you can't string us along, if shit doesn't happen soon, I am going to look into a shop making mine for around the same price. I know thats not going to bankrupt anyone, but I am sure others are thinking the same thing,

·
Registered
75 Posts
you can use any turbo or supercharger you want...as long as you spec it out to your motor.....

alot of turbo packages use vortec, paxton, procharger etc etc

rarely do you see a supercharger or turbo SPECFICALLY designed for ONE car or motor

finding a turbo or a supercharger is the EASY part...

if you have fabrication skills and advanced engine knowledge, or some good connections.....adding a turbo is nothing but finding/making mounting brackets

and getting all the goodies you need to provide proper nutrition to your newly forced induction car :p

no need to wait around for a kit

with a little leg work....it can be done

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OMG 90+ plus looks "confused turbo hungry members like me" and only 2 post lol,

I shault bump this.... and I shault bump this thread hard.

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
People complain about developer talk, but half the members are all talk too, mason i can understand the interest... but a turbo is a turbo, its not some god awful rare find and for that very reason theres no reason to wait on people like SSR or FI_R, you'll need a manifold, the turbo, the piping, an intercooler, probably a fuel pump, new injectors, a blow off valve, a wastegate and the wastegate down tube unless you want to dump to atmosphere and a few other little gadgets, like maybe a heat shield or two, oil lines, hoses, and many clamps... With patient shopping, you can build your own for under two grand, ive seen and helped a few people do it now.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But tha question is, how will I get it too work, I mean will a shop beable to slap it on and make it work, i can get the components, but I need the no how some my car wont blow up?

·
Registered
358 Posts
the turbo is the easy part, the Fuel injection and ECU tuning might well be impossible on your cars. you would destroy your car trying to run a turbo on with stock ecu. The fuel lean condition would kill it, after i am done with my supercharged Trueno. I will resume the turbo altima project, i mentioned this a few months ago. I am in talks with a local ecu place to see if they cant feneagle something. But that alone would likely be 2000 dollars.

·
Registered
358 Posts
you could actually make it twin turbo easier with the way our headers are set up, ground clearance would be an issue. Plenty of room for an intercooler though. Custom turbo manifolds would be SUPER ASS expensive, it takes almost an artist to make those

·
The lost aren't forgotten
1,197 Posts
fedorisgod said:
the turbo is the easy part, the Fuel injection and ECU tuning might well be impossible on your cars. you would destroy your car trying to run a turbo on with stock ecu. The fuel lean condition would kill it
do you honestly have any idea what you're even talking about? our clips are compatable with WRX injectors, thats a easy way in... at low pressure, anything prob around and below 6 lbs you could run off stock injectors and the ecu will automatically advance with any change... as for the the lean, ever heard of an SAFC? works wonders... and if ya dont have the pressure a fuel pump does the trick...

now keep in mind, what i just stated is true only for the 2.5 members, i know a small handful of turbo sentra owners, and have seen both oem injectors, and complete fuel systems used.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
if u have to ask how to make a turbo u should NOT be building your own turbo... either pay a shop to make one for u...expensive... or buy one from ssr or someone like that... its DONE btw so if u are really interested email them..... or u could try to adapt one from a max or something else but again if u dont know what u are doin I would NOT try it on your own.

·
Registered
358 Posts
yeah, i shouldve been more specific kasirus. By stock ECU and injectors, i meant totally stock shit with no help. I meant the backyard turbo guy who welds on a turbo to his stock headers and just runs a pipe to the intake manifold with no other mods. That guy is going to blow up his car because of a fuel lean condition.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Ok quci info then, how much, how much do think it will be to install, or can it be done by someone with general knowhow. Also will it kill my car. And I have a auto, if I put on a tranny coolor, and do a valve body job, do you think it will hold as long as I am not peeling out at every light, and how guerros car doing, did he ever run it at the track, if so what times, has he ever raced it, if so what did he beat lol.

·
Registered
299 Posts
masonaltima said:
Ok quci info then, how much, how much do think it will be to install, or can it be done by someone with general knowhow. Also will it kill my car. And I have a auto, if I put on a tranny coolor, and do a valve body job, do you think it will hold as long as I am not peeling out at every light, and how guerros car doing, did he ever run it at the track, if so what times, has he ever raced it, if so what did he beat lol.
http://www.ssr-engineering.com/products_altimaturbo.php
Stage 1 - $4895
Stage 2 - $6395

Installation is varies between shops but most shops charge between $60 - $80 an hour to install, and we would probably guess between 10-12 hours of installation time. No it will not "kill" your car, however you will need to maintaince your vehicle more frequently. The auto transmissions in the 2.5 have seen 250-275WHP all day without any modification. However for longevity and best performance results i would recommend a transmission cooler, and a valvebody upgrade (but is not necessairy). The biggest thing with any performance upgrade is the driver, its all dependant on your driving style how any part will hold up, so yes if your not peelin out all the time I think that you won't have much to worry about. Guerrero is a very busy person, so he has not gotten to the track yet, but he has beat quite a few fast vehicles.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
LOL thanks man, I am so going to try and buy your kit, just to inspire some more, mind telling me some cars guerro has beaten?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts