The Nissan Club banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 93 Altima GXE with 129456 miles. i would like to turbocharge it but the only website that gives a kit only does them od in cali. since i live in NC i was wondering if there was a simple or less intensive bolt on style turbocharger for it. Also the place charges 8k which is a little rediculous i feel. If there is a cheaper easier way i would like the info

THANKS

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
you can buy the kit and have a shop near you install it. there isn't a better or easier way to go. but with your mileage i wouldn't suggest it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
do you have a turbo donnie? the engine is strong i have done all routine maintenance at scheduled times. i would tear down motor if the turbo wasnt too hard to install

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
you may have done all the regular maintenance on it but you don't know how the internals of the engine are like the cylinder heads and stuff. the install of the turbo kit is decently "involved" so if you aren't very handy then i wouldn't attempt it. and i don't mean being able to lower a car and things of that sort.
i don't have a turbo....yet

·
Registered
6 Posts
you think that's alot of miles, my 93 GXE has 242,450 miles on it! And I need new tires, catalytic converter, side mirror(cause someone ****ed with it while I was in a store), motor mounts, window motor. Trust me you could have it worse

·
DirtyGirls4Life
1,327 Posts
my 98 has 103,000 or so on it...i bought it when it had 99,000 or so...the guy was in the army and he drove it from here( clarksville, Tn (just north of nashvlle) all the way down to Tx...so more then 90% of all the miles are highway...car runs great! maybe a little more power :D :D

Mike

·
founding father
1,709 Posts
its really not that many miles but it is a bit much to throw on a turbo kit though

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Well If you want my opinion .... An F-Max kit on a good running 120K motor would be fine ... I was considering turboing mine at 140K but I decided to go the all motor route , As long as everything is in good running order it should be fine ......I would switch to Synthetics and be sure to change the oil every 3000 miles and trans oil every 15K ...... You may have some other things wear out because of the extra stress and heat like hoses motor mounts ,etc. , but if all of the hoses, belts , water pump , coolant , mounts , etc was changed while it was apart you wouldnt have to worry about that .....

·
Registered
475 Posts
shawn, why would you switch to synthetics at 100K......IIRC you will actualy create problems switching to synthetic this late in the game. Stay with the dino oil

1 - 14 of 14 Posts