The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 98 altima gxe with 150 HP is it possiable to put a turbo with intercooler on it? I want more power for it let me know any ideas.:)

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
slammer10 said:
I got a 98 altima gxe with 150 HP is it possiable to put a turbo with intercooler on it? I want more power for it let me know any ideas.:)
f-max makes a turbo kit for our cars. It's over $4000 and then you have to have it installed. The website is www.f-max.com

you can't run that much psi on the KA motor anyway. Spend money elsewhere.

Nitrous is the best bang for the buck. A 65 shot from Jim Wolftech is $1500 and is better than a turbo KA runnin 5 psi

·
Registered
3,504 Posts
you cant turbo it with the fmax because they dont have an ecu. im pretty sure you can run an outside electronic device to govern the turbo but it'll cost ya.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
I'm planing on turboing my Alty, everyone's like, "its a waste of money and ish", but i say fuck it. Just don't buy a kit, try and sorta do it yourself. The amount of psi it gives you won't be much, but its enough for me :)

·
Die Trying
8,357 Posts
waaaaayyy cheaper to go custom.
You still need the ECU, but it needs to be Upgraded by JWT.
i hope you don't have a 97+

·
3,839 Posts
Thom said:
I'm planing on turboing my Alty, everyone's like, "its a waste of money and ish", but i say fuck it. Just don't buy a kit, try and sorta do it yourself. The amount of psi it gives you won't be much, but its enough for me :)
you will ALWAYS want more power.

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
The ecu you do need, but didn't the f-max turbo kit come with the ecu upgrade???

1 - 9 of 9 Posts