The Nissan Club banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Tweeters cannot be flush mounted on the pillars opposite the mirrors. All the wiring is behine there for the power mirrors (unless power mirrors is an option, I'm not sure). My tweets are surface mounted. My rears tweets are flush mounted however on the rear a-frame (?) panel. kinda by the seatbelt.

Demmy

·
*Honorary Member* Bass&Style is all U need.
3,816 Posts
I angle mounted mine on the black covers where the mirror is. It was a bitch but it can be done. I have power mirrors BTW.

After I get my Digital camera for my B-day I'm gonna take 10000000000 pics of my car and upload them to the PC. That way I can post a pick for everything someone has a question about.

·
Official Troll
2,695 Posts
Don;t forget to use real crossovers, not the inline crap.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
flarearrow said:
Don;t forget to use real crossovers, not the inline crap.
can u explain why? and real=electronic right?
Jay

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
ThurzNite said:

can u explain why? and real=electronic right?
Jay
he means just not a capacitor in line (aka bassblocker).... shallow slope.. not the best.. a real 2-way passive x-over will be better..

PWI btw :)

·
not a newbie:P
24 Posts
i got a gle with the factory amps crap in there do i need something special to wire new tweeters in or can i just use thew factory wiring

·
Registered
347 Posts
i'm not sure about the gle's but i know the se's have tweeters. so if you can get a new head unit it will still wire up all the speakers, don't get me wrong after market speakers are way better than factory but when after market head is put in they will sound better.

Try mounting them in the black triangle where the side mirrors are. if not then maybe the side pillar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts