The Nissan Club banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed my UDP. Works great and I can feel the difference. Great throtle response and the freeway drive feels like it pulls much easier and faster. But, my belts sqeak or is it the UDP, upon start up. Have any of you 3.5ers that have installed the UDP have this problem? Its everytime I start up my car and sometimes while im driving. It sqeaks really loud. Sounds like my belts are glazed or somethin. Only change the Alternator/A/C belt and left the OEM P/S belt. I did put some anit-seized compound on the UDP itself. Not sure what to do? HELP IS APPRECIATED!!!!!:confused: :angry4: :angry4: :(

·
No, you can't drive it!
683 Posts
iceman55508:

It's probably the tension on the belts. Mine started squeaking the first time it rained after I did the UDP install.

Try tightening the alternator/AC belt (since it is easier to get to!).

The Nissan service manual recommends a special tool for measuring belt tension/deflection. I just carefully tightened mine, a little at a time, until it stopped squeaking!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dadster,

Great for lookin out for me! I will do that! Thanks for the response

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just finished up and tightened the belt up on the alternator and a/c belt. No more sqeaking. But im going to wait till morning to see if they still sqeak. But BIG thanks to dadster for lookin out for me and russman also with the BIG help also.

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks JerryJ for the insight and info. Wont push the tensioner to much. It finally stoped sqeaking.

By the your car, JerryJ, is lookin mighty SWWWEEEEEEETTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JBL85,

Nope its not the pulley. It was just that I didnt tightend up the belt tensioner that much. Once I tightend the belt tensioner the sqeaking stoped. But later on when the belts start to sqeak again im gonna blame the UDP...hahaha J/K. Thanks for the info and advice from the people that helped me out again!

·
Registered
953 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ewood420 said:
my car since i bought has had belt sqeaks on start up about 75% of the time. Sucks, ecspecially when you start up around people and they look over like you cars a pile.

fast pile ;)
maybe you should take to the dealer and have them look at the belts or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts