The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
UGH!!! Got hit head-on! PICS IN THREAD

Driving home tonight... going 35mph on a two lane road, guy in a Dodge pick-up crossed the center line and hit me head-on... I saw him coming and swurved to the right as much as I could and jammed the brakes... ABS went nutz and the truck hit me from mid-grille over on the driver's side. He was going about 45 and admitted to "2 or 3 beers" Both front Airbags deployed and I was wearing my seatbelt. My front end is TOTALLED and they had to pop the door open with the jaws to get me out. Broke my collar bone from the seatbelt, but no other injuries. GET THIS... the truck hit the Alti and bounced off then flipped on it's passenger side. He was ok and being a JERK... trying to say I crossed the line. I have plenty of witnesses though so he is SCREWED!!!

VERY PISSED OFF about my baby, but happy to be alive and maybe now I will get a 350Z to replace the Alti.

Will go tomorrow and take pics.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Glad your ok, except for your collar bone. That really sucks, because I know first hand how much all of us like our cars. Yeah all you people, I like my car very much! Well, sue his insurance's ass off if he has insurance, and if he doesn't, sue your own company, and get as much as you can, then you can get a new
G-35 coupe or 350Z! There's always a silver lining:D

·
BOSRI NAH CHOD!
641 Posts
oh shit, well at least your ok, and that fool gonna get jacked...good luck with it all..

·
04-05 Pedal Insert
15,280 Posts
You are in the money!! Sue his ass off...they did give him a blood test?? Glad you are OK

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
Horrible. I got hit by a drunk driver as well. Hope you recover soon and sue him. If I ever run across a drunk driver I will hurt them, bad.

·
Banned
3,339 Posts
wow that seriously sucks... man you should sue this guy you could get some serious money, glad you made it out alive...

P.S. any pics?

·
3.5 SE
761 Posts
Glad to see that you are ok. I hope everything work$ out.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Damn:angry4: Glad your ok. You dont know how many I see on the highway getting towed away from an accident. Breaks my heart when I see them taking the rides away.

350Z:D :D :D :D

·
I Need A Job
203 Posts
Good to here your ok, hope everything goes well for you.

·
The advice guy
508 Posts
I would sue him, with out a doubt. A broken colar bone.. Pain and suffering.. then the fact that your car is wrote off, and he is a moron for driving under the influence. Oh man, get all you can get brother. You deserve it.

·
Chillin in Japan
144 Posts
And I thought I was having a bad day yesterday when some guy backed out to far and ripped open my bumper, Dude Im sorry for your car, but glad to hear that you made it out alive. My buddy was not so lucky 2 years ago when the same thing happened to him. RIP Tony, our prayers are with you. Sue the pants off this guy, man I hate Drunk Drivers.

·
Shift_lefty
1,001 Posts
That sux man, glad you're okay. Impressive that the alti took out a truck though!!

If your in the market for another Nissan let me know, I have a college roommate that is the sales manager at a dealership kinda of near your (Portsmouth NH) he'll set you up with whatever you need!

·
TALL member
11,882 Posts
wow...you are lucky to be alive! I hope you heal well and get major bucks for that dumbasses stupidity. I almost got hit head on the other day too. It was raining and this lady was driving too fast...went into my lane on a 2 lane road and missed me by only a few feet. About the same speeds as in your situation. Good luck and everybody be careful...watch out for drunk drivers and soccer mom's driving windstars:angry2: :angry2:

·
Wasabi Warrior
1,023 Posts
Glad to hear that your car's safety systems worked as it should and probably saved your life! Take it easy and get yourself a good personal injury attorney!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. The company I work for manufactures all of the head impact foam in this vehicle and i am just curious did you hit your head at all? and if so what was the result
Thanks
Automon

1 - 20 of 60 Posts